Outdoors thread

TheReal_ND

Outdoors thread

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:37 pm

Didn't we used to have one at the old joint? Well we have one now.

Just got out to the beach and spent about twice what I thought I would on a fishing license, tackle and (what I hope to be) a good salt water setup. Ended up with a medium weight bait caster, 12# line, a ridiculously long pole to utilize the casting advantage of the meme caster and some basic salt water lures and tackle. Oh and in case I catch anything a nice fillet knife from Finland.

With the lures I'm hoping to catch trout or snapper or maybe even striper but I don't know if they are here this time of year. Maybe try a live shrimp or two later if I get bored of casting. I'll probably have to wash the meme caster off real good after the weekend but the bearings are stainless and the body is graphite. The pole is graphite but I'm just a bit alarmed at how thin it is. It was the longest one I could find that wasn't a deep sea pole so meh, if I break it on a shark (I won't) it will be $39 down the hole. 12# test should mean that won't happen though. Just enjoying the cool night air right now though, a little tired to try fishing at night though I plan to tmrw.

ITT post /out/ stuff

Speaker to Animals

Re: Outdoors thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:39 pm

Trout and snapper are good.

If you are fishing from the beach itself, maybe try to catch some pampano.

katarn

Post by katarn » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:40 pm

I'm headed to the beach for a family reunion. Can't say we'll do any fishing though.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Bring a pole, fish, post itt anyway.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:44 pm

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Oh that's what that fucker is. I saw someone catch one that looked like that but a little redder.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:51 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Oh that's what that fucker is. I saw someone catch one that looked like that but a little redder.

They are delicious. That's the best one you can catch from the surf.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:02 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
What kind of asshole just goes and builds a rig like this? Fuck, I'll have to rewatch that. What kind of bait we talking here? Chicken? Shrimp? Live bait? I noticed a lot of these guys out here use nets to get live bait which is everywhere.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:06 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
What kind of asshole just goes and builds a rig like this? Fuck, I'll have to rewatch that. What kind of bait we talking here? Chicken? Shrimp? Live bait? I noticed a lot of these guys out here use nets to get live bait which is everywhere.

Use shrimp, crab, squid.

You can catch those little sand fleas in the surf. Lots of fish gobble those guys up. Just go to where the waves wash up on the sand. Reach in the sand and grab some handfuls, and you will feel some wiggling in some of them, those little critters can be used for bait. Pompano love those little fuckers.

You turning salt life now?
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:07 pm

Huh