Nukedogs

jediuser598

Nukedogs

Post by jediuser598 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:59 pm

I come up with random ideas for stories, and instead of writing them out myself I cast them to reddit to see what comes back. Funny enough, coincidentally nukedogs came back, figured I'd share the story because #1 it's interesting, #2 it's an odd chance that someone would reply to me with the name nukedogs. Anyways, here's the story, credit to Vassonx of reddit:

Prompt: All of the nukes in the world are transformed into monsters, they are loyal to their nations.
This was the third week of USS Theodore Roosevelt's fourth voyage to Europe with the Nukedog Tecumseh sleeping on top of the runways where aircraft once rested. Nobody has any theory on how did nuclear warheads into giant 2000 ft beasts. It reads like absurd fiction to many but we have been humbled by how the truth is often stranger than fiction and has no need to conform to reality. All that matters was that Russia possessed over 7,000 towering beasts that feared little and questioned less. As destructive as a nuke and as loyal as a dog, Nukedogs ended up being the name we gave them, while Russians called theirs Behemoths. Once Kremlin figured out the Behemoth's behaviours, how to direct them and control them; it was inevitable that they would direct their course straight to reclaim the lands they lost after the Soviet regime. Behemoths needed little support; invincible to the point that the only thing that harmed them were other Behemoths. Eastern Europe didn't last a week. France took to the battlefield with their 300 Scyllas and has lost 100 of them after being overwhelmed by the 12th Behemoth Division at Poland.

Other countries weren't generous with their nuclear beasts either. Israel barely hesitated an hour before demolishing Palestinian settlements and China transported five Red Dragons and dropped them on the coasts of Taiwan, which ended up being four too many. The only semblance of a fair fight erupted between India and Pakistan where villages and towns were being flattened by the dozens on a weekly basis. The latecomer to the fight was North Korea, whose ten Knights of Kim had just breached the DMZ two days ago. The fragile armistice established between powers has crumbled into a barbaric race of territorial grabbing.

Almost the entirety of Europe had fallen to the nuclear might of Russian hegemony with only Northen France and Great Britain being left as sanctuaries of European democracy. As much as the United States wanted to help with their possession of 6,800 Nukedogs, we could only carry these sons-of-bitches ten at a time on Nimitz-class aircraft carriers, and each journey takes approximately five weeks to drop off and return from the nearest possible European coast. Bless the United Kingdom who had to borrow carriers from us because they didn't have ships big enough to carry their 210 Kerntanks.

We've been gathering our forces at the coasts of Normandy where our predecessors were once deployed to fight against the bloodthirsty aggressors of their time. 179 Scyllas, 109 Kerntanks and 45 Nukedogs strewn and hidden across Normandy to prevent Russia from bringing their full might against a fledgling force. With the Theodore Roosevelt's arrival today, this puts the count of Nukedogs at 46.

The coast today was a deep grey blanketed in fog. As the ship reeled in closer, the newest arriving Nukedog began to wake up and notice the new surroundings. This one we named Tecumseh. There weren't any Nukedogs or military on the coast, as it was intended. The most painstakingly reminded directive was to never have more than three Nukedogs in the same area, whose presence when numerous tended to greatly excite each other and attract unwanted attention. After over two hours of unloading, we finally got Tecumseh off the ship and on French territory. As Tecumseh was frowning in its attempt to look through the thick fog covering the grassland, its ears lit up. Through the grey curtains of mist, shadows were forming. Shadows of giant towers moving closer and turning darker. They were three, four, five and now six.

We were expected here.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

Ex-California

Re: Nukedogs

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:52 am

Wow, that's pretty good. I'd read that book
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:08 am

Are we assuming that the nukedogs don't actually leave radiation fallout, or launch debris into the stratosphere, like the current weapons? If so, then it's interesting to speculate how the "ultimate weapons" would be used with no danger of self-annihilation. Good concept.

But I'm pretty confident that the US would immediately be researching a trans-Atlantic delivery system. Which is unfortunate, because without nuclear ICBMs, we'd once again have the 2nd most defensible position in the world.

Australia has #1.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:23 pm

Fast forward to the part where the Nukedogs run all the darkies out of the south. :lol:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:31 pm

Wait what? For real?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:00 pm

Add in some border control operations.

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:27 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Wait what? For real?
Yeah, was like "wth, what a coincidence."
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:53 pm

This is awesome