Lose Weight (for real, I wrote this)

Martin Hash

Lose Weight (for real, I wrote this)

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:48 am

Eat anything you want.
Eat only what you want.
And it doesn't have to be bird servings either.

The science of fat is in: it's called biochemistry, and because we understand the science, we know how to make you thin. Fat comes from sugar, whether you eat it or your body makes it: less sugar, less fat. It's easy to look on a food product label and see how much sugar is in it, and when you have a choice, eat the things with the least amount of sugar. But that doesn't mean you can't have sugar, just that you'll lose weight faster the less you eat because your body has to use fat instead. Also, your body has about 4-6 hours worth of stored sugar & once that's gone, it starts using fat. That's the real secret of losing weight: stop eating for longer than 6 hours until all the stored sugar is gone then every hour after that you'll be losing fat. Simply lengthen your fast and lose more weight. A 16-hour fast is ideal because you can eat until 5 pm, sleep, and eat again at 9 am. You don't even get very hungry, you're eating the foods you want, and you're losing weight too, maybe 2 pounds a week.

There are a couple foods that just aren't worth the sugar load, fruit juice being the worst, and if you like soda, drink diet. Otherwise, Raw fruit is okay because the fiber in it doesn't digest so it traps a lot of the sugar. Try to eat low carb on alternate days to lose weight faster; your sweet tooth can last 2 days, can't it? And don't load up, eat normally because during the 40 hours that food is in you, your body is absorbing whatever sugar is in it. That's it, easy, simple, free. Next year you'll see the thin you in the mirror.

p.s. Sucrose is better than fructose for losing weight but that may be too complex to discuss so ignore the distinction if you don't know what it is.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Re: Lose Weight (for real, I wrote this)

Post by Fife » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:54 am

The liquids we take in count for a lot more than we think about.

Avoid fruit juice like a rattlesnake. Avoid diet soda, it messes up your A1C and belly like HFCS or worse. Just drink unsweetened tea and coffee.

Beer makes you fat also. :cry:

I think I'll have some extra animal fat and protein to offset that sugary beer this afternoon, just to be on the safe side.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:17 am

There's nothing wrong with non-sugar sweeteners: that's just propaganda from the Sugar Industry.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:24 am

You're the doctor. I'm just relating some personal experience and some stuff I've read.

There are a couple of things I think we can agree on: there are moneyed interests who manipulate the reported "science" to their benefit; and there are so many variables involved in mammal metabolism that its kind of silly to isolate single dosages.

.... oh, and fruit juice will lay your ass low.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:26 am

Fife wrote:.... oh, and fruit juice will lay your ass low.
Oh, yeah.

It's sugar, period. Nothing else makes fat. No glucose, no fat. (However, your body will MAKE glucose if it has to out of protein, which is why starving people & alcoholics have no muscles.)

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:41 am

Big Mac

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:46 am

Martin Hash wrote:There's nothing wrong with non-sugar sweeteners: that's just propaganda from the Sugar Industry.

I agree with this. Sugar is really, really bad for you. Not just for dieting either. Refined sugars are almost like a poison. The artificial sweeteners are not nearly as bad for people as many like to claim.

I know people who give me shit all the time for drinking diet sodas. Then I see them loading up their iced tea with sugar and I really don't know what else to tell them.

As far as the other stuff.. your body really can make fat out of other carbs and even protein for that matter. But it's not so easy as it is with those refined carbs. For a while now, I have strongly suspected that people poop out a lot of unneeded nutrients that would be digested if they needed them. I am not saying it's one-for-one, but I do think our bodies can sometimes just ignore nutrients that are not needed. That's basically what is happening for much of your youth. It's what happens with people who don't get fat no matter what they do. Then something changes for whatever reasons and you have to be careful.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:47 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Big Mac
Nothing wrong with a Big Mac. Can't say I like them but when I'm traveling overseas eating strange food, a Big Mac is the most comforting meal in the world (and strangely enough, tastes good then too?)

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:05 pm

YOU MEAN SLAVE CAKES

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:59 pm

Why you should avoid sugar *and* alcohol: