The book I'm working on.

The Conservative

Re: The book I'm working on.

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:17 am

heydaralon wrote:
The Conservative wrote:The book it untitled for right now, but if people wish to read it, here are the first few chapters... it's world building mainly and character development. It's untitled, but hopefully, you'll enjoy it to some extent. This is the first edit. I am working on getting it edited through multiple rounds though before it's finalized.
You know better than to end a thread title with a preposition!

Do I? That's why I have an editor :P
#NotOneRedCent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:47 pm

I havent checked out your book yet, but that is awesome you wanna create something. I dont have the creativity for something like that. I hope it ends up on a bestseller list.
Shikata ga nai

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:16 pm

heydaralon wrote:I havent checked out your book yet, but that is awesome you wanna create something. I dont have the creativity for something like that. I hope it ends up on a bestseller list.
Me too, thanks.

It's going to be around 600 pages. I'm already ⅓ of the way there.
#NotOneRedCent

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:09 pm

Link to my Fan Fiction for Let the Right One In (2008). If you haven't seen the film or didn't enjoy it, you should probably take a pass.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:21 pm

The Conservative wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I havent checked out your book yet, but that is awesome you wanna create something. I dont have the creativity for something like that. I hope it ends up on a bestseller list.
Me too, thanks.

It's going to be around 600 pages. I'm already ⅓ of the way there.
That's quite ambitious! How long have you been working on your book? How many hours a week do you spend on it?
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:31 pm

TC: If you are interested in Tolkien, world building, and fantasy, you should check out an author named Mervyn Peake. His Gormenghast trilogy is excellent. I'm not a big fan of fantasy, but Peake's books are high art.
Shikata ga nai

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:43 pm

I've been working on it since March, so about four months so far, I work on it 2 hours a day. Lately, I've been doing more. In the last four days, I did about 45 pages worth of writing. I'll probably have it done in a year's time. I did this last section in 2 days, don't believe the 66 printed pages, it's only 24 printed.

Either way, this is what I am up to now. Working on the 10th chapter, my wife is working on the 7th, and I am finally getting to the meat of the story.

Oh, and I will look up the author, but I think I like my style, I've tried three different styles of story telling in the book so far, and as far as I can tell it works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#NotOneRedCent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:48 am

The Conservative wrote:I've been working on it since March, so about four months so far, I work on it 2 hours a day. Lately, I've been doing more. In the last four days, I did about 45 pages worth of writing. I'll probably have it done in a year's time. I did this last section in 2 days, don't believe the 66 printed pages, it's only 24 printed.

Either way, this is what I am up to now. Working on the 10th chapter, my wife is working on the 7th, and I am finally getting to the meat of the story.

Oh, and I will look up the author, but I think I like my style, I've tried three different styles of story telling in the book so far, and as far as I can tell it works.
236 pages in 4 months is quite a bit of writing and editing. I'm surprised you have the energy and parience for that considering you have a job and a family. Keep on keeping on man! When I was a lot younger, I wanted to write a book. Then I realized I couldn't think of anything to write about lol
Shikata ga nai

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:01 am

heydaralon wrote:
The Conservative wrote:I've been working on it since March, so about four months so far, I work on it 2 hours a day. Lately, I've been doing more. In the last four days, I did about 45 pages worth of writing. I'll probably have it done in a year's time. I did this last section in 2 days, don't believe the 66 printed pages, it's only 24 printed.

236 pages in 4 months is quite a bit of writing and editing. I'm surprised you have the energy and parience for that considering you have a job and a family. Keep on keeping on man! When I was a lot younger, I wanted to write a book. Then I realized I couldn't think of anything to write about lol
I only have it, because I want to give my son a better life, and any proceeds of this book will go straight to that.
#NotOneRedCent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:14 am

The Conservative wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

I only have it, because I want to give my son a better life, and any proceeds of this book will go straight to that.
What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking?
Shikata ga nai