Bill Maher Apologizes (Kind of)

Hwen Hoshino

Re: Bill Maher Apologizes (Kind of)

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:42 am

C-Mag wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
You never addressed the advances of people of color in other industries and government in the last 50 years. Heck, there have been more Astronauts of Color than there have been Oscar winners............. think about that.

You are trying to refute my numbers and facts with your feelings and observations of a small data set. Not much of a debate. Kick it up a notch Hwen, you're better than this.
You have this giant all encompassing data set for me? Oscars are a very narrow data set.
You've got all of Hollywood to work with.
Do you have an argument?

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:40 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

I don't know, Racism I guess ?
Sure they say the right stuff all the time, but results matter over words.

I don't have another explanation for it. But go look at the historical list of nominees and winners. Clearly Blacks are not equally rewarded for their talents. Plus, Black roles given in Hollywood are very stereotypical for both men and women. All too often the only movie examples of black men are gang members and violent thugs.

Take a look at it and tell me what you think.
Nah it's the business. Black oscar bait sucks anymore. Its all preachy and one note, heavy handed. The Butler and Selma might as well have been the same fucking movie. 12 years a slave was a period piece and good. Birth of a nation, not so much. There is one example of the heavy handedness. Between the trailer for that movie, the Olympics, and the Hillary campaign playing that song to death that movie was played out before it was even in theaters.
:takes a shot of whiskey: I actually have to agree with Clubby here. :o Most movies starring black people tend to be about their oppression, or mind-numbing horror tales of slavery. Exceptions are the Tyler Perry movies, and black people that can speak without Ebonics - Denzel, Whoopi, Rock, etc.
Tyler Perry movies aren't oscar bait no where close, that's fine get paid, just dont expect oscars for it. What gets rewarded at Oscars is compromised damaged people. The two females from Precious, horrifically damaged people, Cuba Gooding Jr. typical greedy, self obessed black athlete. But we cant portray black people like that anymore, SJWs would have a fit and I think the audience has been conditioned to stay away.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:19 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:It's kind of weird that Denzel Washington didn't win a shit ton of Oscars over the years.
A solid actor but to my mind overrated. To make a bad pun, ever since his first oscar he's been chasing Glory.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:35 am

I sometimes wonder if Denzel Washington is going to make like Trump and run. I think that guy would win. Not sure how great of a president he would be. But he could definitely win.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:15 pm

Dave Smith lays the fucking lumber to Maher and his shithead producers.

Anybody listened to this yet?

http://partoftheproblem.libsyn.com/whos-the-racist

I 'cept yo pology

BUT

some thangs jus ain funny, you need a teachable moment