Bill Maher Apologizes (Kind of)

C-Mag

Re: Bill Maher Apologizes (Kind of)

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:55 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: Why don't they want them to win Oscars exactly? please tell me.

I don't know, Racism I guess ?
Sure they say the right stuff all the time, but results matter over words.

I don't have another explanation for it. But go look at the historical list of nominees and winners. Clearly Blacks are not equally rewarded for their talents. Plus, Black roles given in Hollywood are very stereotypical for both men and women. All too often the only movie examples of black men are gang members and violent thugs.

Take a look at it and tell me what you think.
Bitch, that's not how racists work. They would not give them an inch, forget about the dick sucking they do for anyone not white. It's hard to equally reward people if they are about 10% of the US population not counting all the white dude actors from Commonwealth. If this was the 90s i might agree, but it's nothing like you say it is.
Yeah, that is how racism works. While the Democrats KKK did kill blacks, the bulk of racists just found little ways to keep them down. Like not recognizing talent, not offering them positions of even interviewing them.

Chris Rock has been very vocal about the racism in Hollywood. It's historical and on going.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:32 am

C-Mag wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

I don't know, Racism I guess ?
Sure they say the right stuff all the time, but results matter over words.

I don't have another explanation for it. But go look at the historical list of nominees and winners. Clearly Blacks are not equally rewarded for their talents. Plus, Black roles given in Hollywood are very stereotypical for both men and women. All too often the only movie examples of black men are gang members and violent thugs.

Take a look at it and tell me what you think.
Bitch, that's not how racists work. They would not give them an inch, forget about the dick sucking they do for anyone not white. It's hard to equally reward people if they are about 10% of the US population not counting all the white dude actors from Commonwealth. If this was the 90s i might agree, but it's nothing like you say it is.
Yeah, that is how racism works. While the Democrats KKK did kill blacks, the bulk of racists just found little ways to keep them down. Like not recognizing talent, not offering them positions of even interviewing them.

Chris Rock has been very vocal about the racism in Hollywood. It's historical and on going.
One dude spouts some bs. i totally changed my mind.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:59 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: Bitch, that's not how racists work. They would not give them an inch, forget about the dick sucking they do for anyone not white. It's hard to equally reward people if they are about 10% of the US population not counting all the white dude actors from Commonwealth. If this was the 90s i might agree, but it's nothing like you say it is.

Not trying to change your mind. Just presenting my opinion.
PLATA O PLOMO

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:29 am

C-Mag wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

How about attempting to win the debate? I could have guessed what you think based on your posting history.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:32 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: One dude spouts some bs. i totally changed my mind.

How about attempting to win the debate? I could have guessed what you think based on your posting history.

OK, how do you account for Blacks being under represented at the Oscars. They are 12% of the population, they have not been nominated or won more than 1% at the Oscars.
PLATA O PLOMO

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:35 am

C-Mag wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

OK, how do you account for Blacks being under represented at the Oscars. They are 12% of the population, they have not been nominated or won more than 1% at the Oscars.
You do know that the Oscars are bullshit anyways? If we were to count we should start post 1968 or something in terms of being relevant to a conversation taking place now.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:05 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

The problem (probably) isn't with the Oscars. They're under-represented in Hollywood. They don't get lead roles, except for a few heavy hitters.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:31 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: How about attempting to win the debate? I could have guessed what you think based on your posting history.

You do know that the Oscars are bullshit anyways? If we were to count we should start post 1968 or something in terms of being relevant to a conversation taking place now.
Yes, they are complete Bullshit, Insiders Only Exclusive Club........ for the Elites only.
So, you want a debate, but you want to rule out half of the data pool ? :lol:
Can I take that as an admission that Hollywood was Racist at least until 1968?

So, not to bog down the debate, I will argue Hollywood demonstrates racism in the last 50 years
Compare the advances for people of color in other entertainment industries and Government in the last 50 years.
- Major sports are now dominated by people of color
-Sports Networks often run entire panels and broadcasts with just black people in front of the camera
-Black Coaches leading teams are common and have won titles
- but still no black owners
- People of color run their own music labels
- People of color dominate entire genres of music that is enjoyed by all races
-In government, we've had people of color fill every conceivable position, including POTUS, Sec of State, Leading Generals, etc

How does that stack up against Hollywood ?
-Black actors have won maybe 12 awards in 50 years in the 4 major acting categories. That's a ratio of 12/200 or 6%. Blacks are 12% of the population, with all people of color making up 30% of the population.
- How about people of color in other areas in Hollywood, film producers, directors, composers, writers, sound editors, film production, costumes or visual effects?
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:39 pm

Point of order - Jordan bought the Hornets, back in 2000. Black people own sports teams.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:08 pm

It's kind of weird that Denzel Washington didn't win a shit ton of Oscars over the years.