Fitness Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Fitness Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:02 pm

California wrote:Also I should have listened to you a year ago when you said to start lifting StoA. Even lifting light weights is such better work than the pure cardio swimming and other stuff I was doing before

Yeah. Cardio only can make you skinny fat real fast.

If you lift weights or do calisthenics, it's excellent for cross training.

I think the cardio-only approach is good for females. Swimming still offers a lot of resistance, so you will build muscles, but if you don't augment that, it's going to be all fucked up, with a strong back and shoulders, but weak chest; strong triceps, no biceps, etc.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:05 pm

I heard sprinting is good for muscle mass though. No idea how true, but I have heard of the alcohol energy muscles use like the anaerobic process or something. Maybe it's good for gains?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:07 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I heard sprinting is good for muscle mass though. No idea how true, but I have heard of the alcohol energy muscles use like the anaerobic process or something. Maybe it's good for gains?

Very true.

The longer your running distance, the more fucked up you will look. Marathon runners look like total shit because they lost so much muscle mass.

But still integrate it with either weight training or calisthenics.

Check this out:

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:16 pm

Kickboxing training 3 days of week, light weight circuit training 3 days a week. I may start BJJ when I have some time there too

There's a lot of calisthenics in both in addition to bag training and form work. The circuit training will be stuff like squats and deadlifts under 200lbs for me, sled work, lunges with weights, medicine ball stuff, rows, different box jumps, etc. Its also a lot of interval type stuff with short or no rest. Beyond that both kinds of workouts kill abs everyday at the end of the workout as well.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:18 pm

I went to snap city with the deadlifts about a week and a half ago.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:21 pm

Well boxers do work on their endurance running a lot. Of course most fights are more like "smokers," very short rounds of three so you'll need to work on building up your anaerobic process I guess.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:24 pm

This is what I am working on right now:

A pair of rings and straps are about $26 on Amazon. You can work out all over the place. I have mine hanging from a pull-up tower in my living room for now.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:27 pm

The male gymnasts who do the rings in international competition are cut up. It must be a great workout
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:20 pm

I can basically do L-sits and a few other easier things on the rings. I can tell you right now they make exercises a lot more difficult than on a bar. I like that you can basically hang them from even tree branches to get a pretty solid upper body workout.

Your shoulders will ache after week one of this shit, though. But I am still lifting regularly too. I think I need to back off on shoulder exercises at the gym.

False grip hurts like a motherfucker.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:07 pm

You don't need anything fancy, just dedication and hard work. If you are not aware of Herschel Walkers Diet and Fitness Regime, here ya go.
If you think Herschel Walker is some kind of weight room warrior you would be wrong, Herschel has never been into weightlifting, all of his exercises are body weight exercises. He started doing sit-ups and push-ups as a kid, as many as 5000 a day and still to this day he does 750-1500 pushups every day as well as 3000 sit ups. He also mixes in 1,500 pull-ups, 1000 dips, and 1000 squats every day. For cardio he will run up to 8 miles and do sprints as well. He also does a regimen of martial arts and MMA after he has completed this workout every morning.

Herschel’s diet is also a bit on the unorthodox. He does not eat breakfast or lunch. The only meal he eats is dinner which consists of soup, salad and bread. He does not eat red meat but will have chicken on occasion.
He has never lifted weights, just Body Weight Excercises, from College to Pros to currently in his mid 50's he has maintained a 6'1, 225 lbs frame.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience