Why is never Judaism attacked

TheReal_ND

Why is never Judaism attacked

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:19 pm

Serious question. I've grown up as a catholic baptized on the insistence of my quarter wagon burning grandma. I'm used to Christianity being attacked. Why is not EVER Judaism?

C-Mag

Re: Why is never Judaism attacked

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:15 pm

I believe Judaism has done an outstanding job communicating the message to the world that the Jews are the MOST persecuted people in history and they are strictly hands off of criticism. The only criticism allowed seems to be in comedy.

They do in fact, have a long history of persecution. I don't have a problem with them getting a little rest.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:22 pm

Saying Judaism is never attacked is like saying there's never starvation in Africa--pick a century.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:38 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:Saying Judaism is never attacked is like saying there's never starvation in Africa--pick a century.
Yes, Jews and Israel are physically attacked all the time. I think he's asking why it's not fair game to mock Jews in the West
PLATA O PLOMO

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:48 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:Saying Judaism is never attacked is like saying there's never starvation in Africa--pick a century.
Yes, Jews and Israel are physically attacked all the time. I think he's asking why it's not fair game to mock Jews in the West
I could share a 1.5 liter bottle of Bourbon with an actual friend and exchange Jewish jokes until we both passed out at the table, then wake in the morning remembering more over the dregs.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:19 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Serious question. I've grown up as a catholic baptized on the insistence of my quarter wagon burning grandma. I'm used to Christianity being attacked. Why is not EVER Judaism?
Because like the Asian culture they value family and education. They are successful. It's honestly that simple. Fuck the Middle East. Jews are great.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:47 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
I could share a 1.5 liter bottle of Bourbon with an actual friend and exchange Jewish jokes until we both passed out at the table, then wake in the morning remembering more over the dregs.
Now you're talking my language, let's go.
PLATA O PLOMO

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:35 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Serious question. I've grown up as a catholic baptized on the insistence of my quarter wagon burning grandma. I'm used to Christianity being attacked. Why is not EVER Judaism?
That is a silly question.

Jeremiad is almost always a pejorative... a mockery of Judaism. Even when people mock Christianity by pointing out the moral confusion in stories like Job or Abraham and Issac, guess what... mocking Judaism.

I have also read numerous critiques of traditional circumcision practices.

Judaism, as a set of silly fairy tails believed by nomads who knew basically nothing about the world, is attacked all the time.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:34 am

I assume you mean that the religion of the Jews see little criticism relative to Islam and Christianity. We all know that Jews can safely expect to be attacked on account of being Jews annywhere on Earth at any time in history.

The main reason is that Judaism isn't a missionary religion. They will not try to convert anybody. You are a Jew if your mother was a Jew. That's basically it. (I know you can convert if you want but it's not a simple process.) So nobody feels threatened by Judaism since there is no need to push back against attempts to convert people.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:28 am

Hastur wrote:
I assume you mean that the religion of the Jews see little criticism relative to Islam and Christianity. We all know that Jews can safely expect to be attacked on account of being Jews annywhere on Earth at any time in history.

The main reason is that Judaism isn't a missionary religion. They will not try to convert anybody. You are a Jew if your mother was a Jew. That's basically it. (I know you can convert if you want but it's not a simple process.) So nobody feels threatened by Judaism since there is no need to push back against attempts to convert people.
Well what I mean is like what CM said, that in western society they are immune to criticism (though the rumor is, it's slightly less taboo in some parts of Europe.) We treat them as almost magical people in some sense, even though historically they have been kicked out of 109 countries this last time was so evil that we are supposed to bend over backwards for them. Why are we not allowed to be openly critical of them without being labeled an anti-semite? It's like touching a third rail.