Isn't "what you said is bigoted but I didn't say you were" just weaseling?

DBTrek

Re: Isn't "what you said is bigoted but I didn't say you were" just weaseling?

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:05 pm

This thread full of it.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:12 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Women were selected on social skills and conflict resolution. I'd look at women first for rolls in fields like the diplomatic services, marketing, etc.

I always look at women first, for rolls in the fields.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:17 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:There is one way to legitimately trigger the living shit out of me, and that is to question my goddamn word choice!
You've split your infinitive.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:There is one way to legitimately trigger the living shit out of me, and that is to question my goddamn word choice!
You've split your infinitive.
I did, and often do to give posts a more conversational tone.
Some people believe that split infinitives are grammatically incorrect and should be avoided at all costs. They would rewrite these sentences as:

She used secretly to admire him.

You really have to watch him.

But there’s no real justification for their objection, which is based on comparisons with the structure of Latin. People have been splitting infinitives for centuries, especially in spoken English, and avoiding a split infinitive can sound clumsy. It can also change the emphasis of what’s being said.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/gramm ... nfinitives
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:40 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
This discussion is the best argument for having more women in STEM that I have ever heard.

Except women don't naturally make better designers. Don't confuse my use of the word design with decorating a room. Even in the world of fashion design women take a backseat to men.

I was actually referring to the Cocksucking part of the discussion.
:D

As a joke, it was a bit of a reach.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote: Except women don't naturally make better designers. Don't confuse my use of the word design with decorating a room. Even in the world of fashion design women take a backseat to men.

For all the time our species evolved, women were not the ones who had to design shelters, traps, and tools. They never had any selective pressure towards better design skills, hence their generally inferior spatial reasoning, among other factors.

Women were selected on social skills and conflict resolution. I'd look at women first for rolls in fields like the diplomatic services, marketing, etc.

Encouraging women into STEM has been disastrous. It's actually destroyed engineering departments in some cases. Women are not as likely to remain in an engineering field either. They try to get out of it even when they are good at it. Probably for the same reason you or I would try to get out of teaching primary school to become administrators or coaches. This is why in software engineering, women tend to try to become engineering managers (in charge of the departments) and men tend to try to become project managers (in charge of specific engineering projects). That division of labor seems to work really well.
ROTFL. On the site where I got called anti-semite, that post would get you crucified!!! I got hammered just for saying men are more visually stimulated sexually. It's a PC object of faith that there's no difference between men and women but their wedding tackle. A woman actually said that men are being trained to react to sexualized imagery by the media. Anyone who has raised a kid or a dog knows some things are innate, but that's un-PC.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:55 pm

brewster wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: Except women don't naturally make better designers. Don't confuse my use of the word design with decorating a room. Even in the world of fashion design women take a backseat to men.

For all the time our species evolved, women were not the ones who had to design shelters, traps, and tools. They never had any selective pressure towards better design skills, hence their generally inferior spatial reasoning, among other factors.

Encouraging women into STEM has been disastrous. It's actually destroyed engineering departments in some cases. Women are not as likely to remain in an engineering field either. They try to get out of it even when they are good at it. Probably for the same reason you or I would try to get out of teaching primary school to become administrators or coaches. This is why in software engineering, women tend to try to become engineering managers (in charge of the departments) and men tend to try to become project managers (in charge of specific engineering projects). That division of labor seems to work really well.
ROTFL. On the site where I got called anti-semite, that post would get you crucified!!! I got hammered just for saying men are more visually stimulated sexually. It's a PC object of faith that there's no difference between men and women but their wedding tackle. A woman actually said that men are being trained to react to sexualized imagery by the media. Anyone who has raised a kid or a dog knows some things are innate, but that's un-PC.
What site is that?? I could probably take Clubbys role there, and just troll the shit out of it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:03 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote: What site is that?? I could probably take Clubbys role there, and just troll the shit out of it.
You could try, but it's moderated, and people can flag your post gone. My post to the semitic warrior that basically said "really, now we've come to a Jew calling another Jew anti-semitic?" was flagged and hidden, but his accusation was not. After the free for all at DCF and here you might go postal.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:08 pm

Hashwerks is the Bastion of Free Speech on the internet.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:34 pm

brewster wrote:

It's the truth, though. The fact that women as a group perform worse than men as a group at spatial reasoning has been well-documented for a long time now, and despite having all the advantages in admission and tuition funding, women still don't do well in STEM. Of the women who do perform well, many don't want to remain in their chosen engineering fields. They like to take management and human resources tracks in major corporations. Every major software engineering department I ever worked at saw this play out, with women seeking to manage the engineering departments and men seeking to manage projects or become software architects. And I am talking about women who were really good software engineers. Many still had no intention of doing that for their entire working lives.

It's the same factor I explained in another post. Cultural marxists like GCF and Monty know their ideology doesn't stand up to evidence. So their only recourse is to shout racist or sexist at people who demonstrate these facts. The entire left is right now in an intellectual implosion precisely because of this phenomenon. They can't bring themselves to admit they are wrong, so they want to censor counterarguments with accusations of hate speech and "making them unsafe".