Who's Up For Making Me (In)Famous?

Martin Hash

Re: Who's Up For Making Me (In)Famous?

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:51 am

Otern wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: Dude, stating the obvious & pontificating like it's profound is passive-aggressive hackery. I could go at you & actually hurt your feelings but the sport in that is diminished by the damage it would do to this forum.
Agree 100% with that, and no doubt you could hurt my feelings if you wanted to. But it really wasn't my intention at all. Just my take on how you could get famous, since you asked. I may very well be all wrong, and the idea is probably ridiculous.
You're female, aren't you?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:53 am

What about targeted adds? How much does it cost ?

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:54 am

Zlaxer wrote:What about targeted adds? How much does it cost ?
$0.38 a click
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:54 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Otern wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: Dude, stating the obvious & pontificating like it's profound is passive-aggressive hackery. I could go at you & actually hurt your feelings but the sport in that is diminished by the damage it would do to this forum.
Agree 100% with that, and no doubt you could hurt my feelings if you wanted to. But it really wasn't my intention at all. Just my take on how you could get famous, since you asked. I may very well be all wrong, and the idea is probably ridiculous.
You're female, aren't you?
:laughing-rollingred:
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:07 am

Zlaxer wrote:What about targeted ads? How much does it cost ?
Cheap, but I have a story, so you tell me...

While traveling through Vietnam, we stopped in a little town where virtually everybody there worked as a Liker, someone who was paid to visit sites & "Like" it. Their biggest customer was Facebook. You could buy 1000 views for $2: they'd all get a message on their phone, take it out of their pocket, diddle the screen for a few seconds then continue talking. I thought this was unique until I met a Russian guy who wrote Apps who said he visited a building with hundreds of people in it who watched YouTube videos, and who would write reviews for his product cheap.

Now whenever I see a YouTube video pop up that's only been out for a couple days that has 15K views and no reason to watch it, I am more than suspicious. I think 90%, maybe more, of all Social Media feedback is purchased. I get 1 or 2 people who contact me every time I put up a video (not so much on the podcasts), so I know they've got some small amount of appeal, maybe 1%, yet I don't get many views, let alone Likes. I'd hate to pay for nothing, and screw up REAL user feedback data at the same time.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:10 pm

DB gets a cookie. Jermain Botsio, Black Conservative YouTube personality just Liked my "New Racism" podcast DB sprinkled about, then became Friends with "Martin Hash." There's been maybe a dozen positive comments on different podcasts in the last week, certainly some of those will be coming on over to this forum when I get a little more famous.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:31 pm

DB is your man. Dan actually had some weight on the alt right scene in the time long before. It's tricky for me to shill for this joint because I've essentially doxed myself here already and matter of factly did once. Plus I can't stand twitter tbh. Sorry hash. I'll still low key shill for you sometimes though.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:38 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:DB is your man. Dan actually had some weight on the alt right scene in the time long before. It's tricky for me to shill for this joint because I've essentially doxed myself here already and matter of factly did once. Plus I can't stand twitter tbh. Sorry hash. I'll still low key shill for you sometimes though.
If you could get a couple people per year, that'd be good.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:41 pm

I have a nagging suspicion I may have rangled at least one. Going to double down on my efforts as soon as I'm out of this heat induced doldrum though.

katarn

Post by katarn » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:22 pm

I think Otern was right at least about voice delivery and such. I watch the Instagram videos when they pop up, and I know you're trying to be off-kilter in delivery, but it's not always pleasant to listen to.

Do I remember a thread a while back right where you said you intend for Pray Tell to be listened to at 2x speed or greater? If I do, it might be better (given that we are trying to get you famous and out into a broader range of people) to adapt that manner for videos and things that cannot be viewed at anything but real speed- like those Instagram intros.

The podcast has lots of good stuff though, this isn't meant as a mean-faced critique.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace