Who's Up For Making Me (In)Famous?

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Who's Up For Making Me (In)Famous?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:48 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:You should give them middle names of Cubs players.
I totally want to :lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:46 am

This might be a teaching opportunity:
It's not like I don't comprehend the challenges the "Make Martin Famous" campaign faces. Like everything in life, it must be given a priority, and viewed in the light of potential rewards vs. investment.

Now, pay careful attention because, like all of my advice, people tend to ignore it because it doesn't match the accepted narrative:
You do NOT have to spend money to make money.
If you build it, they will NOT come.
People do NOT get what they deserve.
You can NOT depend on people to do-the-right-thing.
Life IS a LUCKTOCRACY, and all you can do is buy more lottery tickets to improve the great odds against you.

p.s. Take my advice or not, perhaps you know somebody with more wisdom than me?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:09 am

I think Otern's suggestions on production quality are fairly solid *IF* you're trying to follow the traditional "professional media production" route. If you're trying to be Dan Carlin, who is trying to be a traditional radio host, then you want to follow the same professional production guidelines he does.

The seal hunting and the rest of that stuff is wack, but we're talking technique, not content here.

On the other hand, I subscribe to more of a Gary Vaynerchuck "document, don't create" approach in cases like this. Martin doesn't seem interested in getting into the mass media production game, so it wouldn't make sense for him to dump a lot of time and money into investing in professional production equipment (and post production, etc).

This is more in line with the "lottery" approach that seems to be the decided strategy that has been followed since before the DCF migrated to these forums.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Otern

Post by Otern » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:20 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Thanks, guys. I'll be returning the favor.

p.s. Angry OWGs can take the gloves off too.
None of it was meant as an insult. Just honest, constructive criticism.

There are other ways to go than killing the whale though. But this is probably one of the more efficient, and original ways from the American standpoint. For other ways, the same rules applies. Find a group that's easily provoked, and do something they can't ignore, dragging them, and their opponents in, and use them as bait to drag in larger groups.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:36 pm

Otern wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:Thanks, guys. I'll be returning the favor.

p.s. Angry OWGs can take the gloves off too.
None of it was meant as an insult. Just honest, constructive criticism.

There are other ways to go than killing the whale though. But this is probably one of the more efficient, and original ways from the American standpoint. For other ways, the same rules applies. Find a group that's easily provoked, and do something they can't ignore, dragging them, and their opponents in, and use them as bait to drag in larger groups.
Dude, stating the obvious & pontificating like it's profound is passive-aggressive hackery. I could go at you & actually hurt your feelings but the sport in that is diminished by the damage it would do to this forum.

p.s. See my 3 shitty full-length movies on my "hash2007" YouTube Channel. Read my crappy humor books on Amazon, or some of my awful humor writing on this forum under "Martin's Minutes." I have plenty of terrible stuff that made me minor famous in the CG field that you can critique if you want to. I only ask to do the same: where's your crappy stuff I can "critique"?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:44 pm

Cool your jets Martin.
Otern is not one of us shit posters, when he posts something critical like that it is with a lot of thought and honesty. Don't take it so personally I'm sure it wasn't meant the way you are taking it.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:47 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Cool your jets Martin.
Otern is not one of us shit posters, when he posts something critical like that it is with a lot of thought and honesty. Don't take it so personally I'm sure it wasn't meant the way you are taking it.
Monte, he wouldn't have come back in the same vein if it wasn't to twist the knife. Fool me once...

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:55 pm

It's up to you of course but I think you are wrong.....
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:00 pm

For those with a tin ear:

I purposely write in a very peculiar style: word selection, sentence structure, length, delivery, even the music & photos I include are coherently odd but entertaining. If you don't "get it," fine, I don't like most humor myself. (I'm a Louie CK fan & George Carlin is my hero.) The content is certainly unique enough to get a following of some kind, 1 or 2 percent of the population like it, easily enough to bring new people to this forum. (DB & apeman want to get me elected too, but that's going to be a bigger challenge.)

Otern

Post by Otern » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:13 am

Martin Hash wrote: Dude, stating the obvious & pontificating like it's profound is passive-aggressive hackery. I could go at you & actually hurt your feelings but the sport in that is diminished by the damage it would do to this forum.
Agree 100% with that, and no doubt you could hurt my feelings if you wanted to. But it really wasn't my intention at all. Just my take on how you could get famous, since you asked. I may very well be all wrong, and the idea is probably ridiculous.