Who's Up For Making Me (In)Famous?

Martin Hash

Who's Up For Making Me (In)Famous?

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 10, 2017 12:50 pm

I used to have some clout; people answered my goddamn phone calls and treated me deferentially, until about a decade ago (maybe 15 years, I couldn't really tell my grasp was slipping until it was gone). I've recently tried getting people to come to this forum (maybe 100?) but no one ever did. No one pays much attention to me anymore but I can't help but notice how folks pay attention to famous people, and want to be associated with them. I never really had that inclination, I was always running from notoriety, but it seems now I'm going to have to embrace fame if this forum is going to grow.

First, you can really only help me be famous if you think I should be famous. There are LOTS of people who are NOT impressed by my resume. They're impressed by someone who can throw a baseball really fast, or acts on television, but me, one of perhaps two-dozen Trifectas in the world, and the ONLY one with the complete range of experience I have... Nada, so if you're one of those sanguine people, stop reading.

Second, I don't know how to get famous except that I can't do it myself. As you know, I always use my real name and I'm not going to change, so other people are going to have to promote me, I can't get away with it. (I tried.)

Third, I'm not looking to be the "boss." I was a boss, I hated it. I'm a good boss but, frankly, everyone else is a lousy employee. (I'm a TERRIBLE employee.) I'll lead, cheer, help, cajole, but if someone wants to help make me famous, they got to be able to act independently.

Fourth, whatever? If this plan fails, I'll do something else. I don't need any more enemies, the world's full of them.

p.s. Someday I hope to host all my famous-makers, assuming there are any, at a party at my house. I had fabulous like-minded get-togethers for a decade or so, but it was too much work after I discovered vulnerability.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Montegriffo

Re: Who's Up For Making Me (In)Famous?

Post by Montegriffo » Wed May 10, 2017 1:00 pm

Write a humorous travel book.

Ps I'll volunteer to do the party food.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed May 10, 2017 1:03 pm

I'm up for it, but I haven't got a clue how to help.

I guess we could come up with some crazy marketing strategy to shock people and hope to get a social media buzz going ????

Wait, wait, I got................... date a Kardashian.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Write a humorous travel book.
Travel Stories of an Old Cyber-Cowboy
Ps I'll volunteer to do the party food.
You're on.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 10, 2017 1:26 pm

C-Mag wrote:I'm up for it, but I haven't got a clue how to help.
"If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it." - everybody

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed May 10, 2017 2:44 pm

The song Popular from Wicked is now stuck on my head. That's all famous is: popular on a large scale. You are focusing on your accomplishments, which are impressive, but have nothing to do with charisma, which is the basis of fame.
:royalty-queen:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed May 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Would your dear Gwynne go for Dr Hash doing a sex video with a celebrity.......................... just askin

:angelic-blueglow:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 10, 2017 2:50 pm

MilSpecs wrote:The song Popular from Wicked is now stuck on my head. That's all famous is: popular on a large scale. You are focusing on your accomplishments, which are impressive, but have nothing to do with charisma, which is the basis of fame.
You can't tell what I'm like from reading my posts?! Life of the party here, folks. If anything, too much "charisma," must dial down.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 10, 2017 2:58 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Would your dear Gwynne go for Dr Hash doing a sex video with a celebrity.......................... just askin
As much as I'd enjoy it... No.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed May 10, 2017 3:21 pm

Infamous is a lot easier, all you need is a rifle and a grassy knoll.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.