Never going back to a mass again

TheReal_ND

Never going back to a mass again

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Explain to me why should I? What has Catholicism ever done for me?

The mass was literally 99% not white. This was in my home town where it was close to the opposite twenty years ago. I can go to other churches in the area and get varying results between African women with shaved heads and leopard print dresses, Asians or squatamalens.

I used to think I should have my son batptized and at one point my wife agreed. What is the point now? Our pope is a complete cuck. They are actively replacing my people and heritage. Why should I care anymore about Christianity? It's nothing to me now.

Okeefenokee

Re: Never going back to a mass again

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:24 pm

Baptism should be a personal choice made as a thinking person.

Wars were fought over such speech, I know.

See if you can find a primitive baptist church and see what you think.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:38 pm

How bout them demo's?

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:44 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Baptism should be a personal choice made as a thinking person.

Wars were fought over such speech, I know.

See if you can find a primitive baptist church and see what you think.

Yeah, sure, and just hope your child makes it to the age of reason.. Or nah.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:44 pm

I don't care for singing. At all. I'm not a singer and I don't care for singers. Name one thing your church has taught you besides spamming forums with singing promos. I literally don't give a fuck about your singing.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:15 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Name one thing your church has taught you besides spamming forums with singing promos.
For starters, that places of worship, intended to be devoted to the praise of the Lord, and fellowship with your community, aren't diminished in any way by a lack gilding.

More importantly, it's taught me better than to believe in the misconceptions that far too many people who consider themselves Christians espouse.

First among which is the belief that people can have faith in themselves. There's only one place your faith should lie, and I don't have to tell you, because we've been over it, but people have a hard time coming to terms with that.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:19 pm

Ok explain to me the part in the Bible where Jesus told me to go hug the invaders that just took over my... home town.

Fairly certain that was a part of the punishment from Yahweh met upon his chosen people.

Doesn't make sense. Why should I go sing about it while being culturally enriched? What point does this serve?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:29 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Yeah, sure, and just hope your child makes it to the age of reason.. Or nah.
The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
We'll disagree on this, but I don't believe that the Lord punishes children who die during birth to eternal damnation because a priest didn't sprinkle a couple drops of holy water on his head in the delivery room minutes before he dies.
Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him. For He Himself knows our frame; He is mindful that we are but dust.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:33 pm

It says pretty clearly that baptism is needed.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:01 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Ok explain to me the part in the Bible where Jesus told me to go hug the invaders that just took over my... home town.

Fairly certain that was a part of the punishment from Yahweh met upon his chosen people.

Doesn't make sense. Why should I go sing about it while being culturally enriched? What point does this serve?
I didn't say he said that.

We went round and round over this and didn't get anywhere, but I'll say it again.

I was taught to understand that I am not God. I was taught to let go of my faith in myself. I was taught to place my faith only in God, and to accept that His reasoning is something that I will never be able to comprehend. I was taught that this world has no importance, and that even though my natural condition drives me to cling to it as I cling to my own existence, that I should let go of everything that I think is important in this world, and only look to God. It's not to say that I am meaningless, but instead to recognize that the only place where I derive any meaning is from my existence as a creature of God. Everything in my flawed human form drives me to see importance in myself, and the test of the Lord is to see if I can let go of that.

That's the doctrine I was raised with. Complete submission to the authority of God. The admission that his will is supreme, and that I have not the ability, nor should I have the expectation, of understanding it.
The Lord said to Job:

2 “Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct him?
Let him who accuses God answer him!”
3 Then Job answered the Lord:

4 “I am unworthy—how can I reply to you?
I put my hand over my mouth.
5 I spoke once, but I have no answer—
twice, but I will say no more.”
6 Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm:

7 “Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.
8 “Would you discredit my justice?
Would you condemn me to justify yourself?
9 Do you have an arm like God’s,
and can your voice thunder like his?
10 Then adorn yourself with glory and splendor,
and clothe yourself in honor and majesty.
11 Unleash the fury of your wrath,
look at all who are proud and bring them low,
12 look at all who are proud and humble them,
crush the wicked where they stand.
13 Bury them all in the dust together;
shroud their faces in the grave.
14 Then I myself will admit to you
that your own right hand can save you.