Teachers sleeping with Students

GloryofGreece

Re: Teachers sleeping with Students

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri May 05, 2017 9:27 pm

Fife wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Example of ethical vs moral. Ethical issue is that you are dealing with a teacher and a student.
What do you suggest we do to a teacher that fucks an 18? I'd argue its not that big of a deal and we pretend that it is. I'd also argue that its not ideal for teaching 100 students a year and have the teacher regularly openly involved with one or some of them. But these are different issues.
Poor, poor, oppressed "teachers." Different issues, indeed.

How would you feel about a judge fucking an 18 awaiting trial in his court?

How would you feel about a drill instructor fucking an 18 getting through basic training?

How would you feel about a restaurant inspector fucking an 18 whose parents need to keep their fast food place open?

Neck yourself.
I feel different about it in general and on a case by case basis. I don't think a teacher having sex with an 18 student in a public school or college much different. 18 is a decent enough age for them to be considered old enough to be in the military, drive, vote etc. etc. and yea fuck who they want.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 10:13 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Fife wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote: What do you suggest we do to a teacher that fucks an 18? I'd argue its not that big of a deal and we pretend that it is. I'd also argue that its not ideal for teaching 100 students a year and have the teacher regularly openly involved with one or some of them. But these are different issues.

How would you feel about a drill instructor fucking an 18 getting through basic training?

How would you feel about a restaurant inspector fucking an 18 whose parents need to keep their fast food place open?

Neck yourself.
I feel different about it in general and on a case by case basis. I don't think a teacher having sex with an 18 student in a public school or college much different. 18 is a decent enough age for them to be considered old enough to be in the military, drive, vote etc. etc. and yea fuck who they want.
What about a government employee holding a position of authority over the future of a student?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri May 05, 2017 11:51 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Fife wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote: What do you suggest we do to a teacher that fucks an 18? I'd argue its not that big of a deal and we pretend that it is. I'd also argue that its not ideal for teaching 100 students a year and have the teacher regularly openly involved with one or some of them. But these are different issues.

Neck yourself.
It isn't really about the sex, GoG. I thought that was pretty clearly the point Fife was trying to allude to, listing those different examples. A teacher giving either preferential treatment to, blackmailing a student into, or being blackmailed into a more positive student evaluation, grading, etc. may provide anything from a "mere" conflict of interest, at best. And an abuse of authority, at worst.

If you were a young teacher in a relationship with a 18 year old student, and even if you did not mean to treat her differently than your other students, wouldn't you want to give her a better grade on a paper simply because you'd rather see her smile than get angry or sad....? Rules against teacher-student, defendent-judge, drill instructor-recruit, etc. relationships exist for that reason. To discourage abuses of authority.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat May 06, 2017 5:11 am

We don't generally issue rape convictions and prison sentences for "abuse of authority" issues. I'm perfectly fine with the teachers being fired. However, this tends to be more of a witch hunt if a male teacher is involved.

$.02
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 06, 2017 6:47 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:We don't generally issue rape convictions and prison sentences for "abuse of authority" issues. I'm perfectly fine with the teachers being fired. However, this tends to be more of a witch hunt if a male teacher is involved.

$.02

Yep.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat May 06, 2017 7:34 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:We don't generally issue rape convictions and prison sentences for "abuse of authority" issues.
Uhmm...ok? In what dimension is anyone talking about rape convictions for teachers sleeping with 18 year olds? And you don't issue prison sentences for abuses of authority issues? You don't have laws against corruption, abuse of power, bribery...? That whole legal concept is completely foreign to you? Learn something new every day. :roll:
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 06, 2017 7:43 am

The way I see it.. men should get the same punishment that female teachers get. A female teacher who has sex with a 17 year old boy would, at best, get fired and probation.

The penalties you see for women offenders (for all crimes) are likely the more appropriate sentences. Our society is grossly discriminatory against men and demonizes them at every level. This is why men get something like 70% more prison time than women for the same crimes.

I really don't think consensual sex between a 24 year old teacher and a 17 year old student rises to a level comparable to a violent rape. I am not saying it can't damage the students either. I just think we take this shit way too far -- but only when men are the perpetrators. I like to throw the women walking with what in comparison is a slap on the wrist because it shows how unbelievably biased our society and criminal justice system is against men. It illustrates how the feminist view of society is pretty much completely backwards. \\

But in terms of what sentences should be.. either men should be given the same lower sentences as the women, or the women need to be locked in cages for the next fifteen to twenty years like the men. I happen to think, in most cases, the sentences you see for women are likely the most rational, and what you see for men make little sense outside of a gynocentric worldview in which men are utilities to serve women and always should be treated as dangerous creatures.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat May 06, 2017 8:05 am

BjornP wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:We don't generally issue rape convictions and prison sentences for "abuse of authority" issues.
Uhmm...ok? In what dimension is anyone talking about rape convictions for teachers sleeping with 18 year olds? And you don't issue prison sentences for abuses of authority issues? You don't have laws against corruption, abuse of power, bribery...? That whole legal concept is completely foreign to you? Learn something new every day. :roll:
Corruption and bribery are part of our government.

Regardless, this is an ethical issue, if both parties are within the age of consent. It's not a criminal matter, but somehow always turns into one of the teacher was male.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat May 06, 2017 9:59 am

Fife wrote:How would you feel about a judge fucking an 18 awaiting trial in his court?

Careful. Nowadays these could be taken as suggestions.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 06, 2017 10:04 am

de officiis wrote:
Fife wrote:How would you feel about a judge fucking an 18 awaiting trial in his court?

Careful. Nowadays these could be taken as suggestions.

Having been through basic training and seeing what women look like when they don't have makeup caked on their faces and their hair done nicely.. I can right away seem some problems with Fife's intellectual experiment.