What is politically wrong with cargo shorts?

Okeefenokee

Re: What is politically wrong with cargo shorts?

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:22 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Pro tip; cargo pockets are worse than useless for tactical operations, never put anything in your cargo pockets, just rattles, wacks against your legs, and/or catches on things, not to mention they're not secure, troops lose things out of their cargo pockets constantly; keep all your kit in your fighting order.
We weren't ever allowed to keep stuff in our pockets. They all had to be empty and buttoned shut at all times. I had a platoon sergeant who would sneak up on you and cut off your buttons if your pocket was unbuttoned.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:33 pm

For patrolling, I used to switch to an armour crew suit, close fitting, one piece, no pockets except for two zips on the chest, the same things that makes getting in and out of a tank safer and easier, also applies to sneaking around, particularly through wire.

Also, side bonus, no pants, no belt, never have to pull your pants up, even when you're soaking wet, fatigues are actually heavy, specially when they get wet, and there's nothing getting in the way of your belt kit nor waiststrap for your rucksack, the Ninja Suit; was the only way to fly.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:01 am

I don't like cargo shorts for aesthetic reasons, although I just learned from this thread that they are benedict arnold shorts. However, when I was in high school and camping they were quite useful for storing a lot of things at the same time. That being said, my girlfriend doesn't like it when I wear basketball shorts on our dates (which I do from time to time if we are eating somewhere like Panera or Chipotle), so I'm not exactly a very fashionable guy. I don't give a shit though. Basketball shorts are comfortable as hell. If I'm just going to the store or the post office I will wear basketball shorts often with the freeballing combo. I will keep wearing them even when I am 80 years old.
Shikata ga nai

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:03 am

I've stopped wearing underwear with any shorts

In fact, the only time I do wear underwear is when I go to work. I just feel like there has to be a bit of decorum
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:05 am

If I'm not working, you'll probably find me wearing pajama pants. #notmyfashion
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:06 am

I don't really have a job that requires me to carry a lot of tools, if I did, I probably would wear cargo shorts though because I imagine they are more comfortable than a tool belt. I used to have a pair or cargo shorts I would do yardwork in to hold gloves and various odd and ends.
Shikata ga nai

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:10 am

Comfort + class.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:11 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Image

Comfort + class.
Jnco jeans are making a comeback. You better believe I also took my pair of no fear out of cold storage.
Shikata ga nai

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:13 am

Second place is the first loser:

NO FEAR!

(Actual shirt owned by a friend of mine in Junior High. I was jealous.)
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:17 am

No fear + jncos?

So you just sat at whatever table at lunch?