Game of Thrones

K@th

Game of Thrones

Post by K@th » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:48 am

Whose re-watching to get ready for July?

I'd love to discuss any subtle insights you got on re-watch that you didn't pick up on first time around.

Example - I just watched the episode where Bran, Hodor, Johen & Meera stop at Nightfort. (Myhesa, Season 3, Ep 10)

The people pie Arya made from the Frey kids and fed to Walter Frey in season 6 was described by Bran in season 3, just before Bran & crew ran into Sam & Gillly.

Bran said the gods couldn't forgive the act, not because of the murder, but because he had killed guests under his own roof to make the people pie.

Now, Arya was under Walter's roof when she killed his sons, (not her own,) but I still think there's some sort of significance there.
Account abandoned.

SilverEagle

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:16 am

Kath wrote:Whose re-watching to get ready for July?

I'd love to discuss any subtle insights you got on re-watch that you didn't pick up on first time around.

Example - I just watched the episode where Bran, Hodor, Johen & Meera stop at Nightfort. (Myhesa, Season 3, Ep 10)

The people pie Arya made from the Frey kids and fed to Walter Frey in season 6 was described by Bran in season 3, just before Bran & crew ran into Sam & Gillly.

Bran said the gods couldn't forgive the act, not because of the murder, but because he had killed guests under his own roof to make the people pie.

Now, Arya was under Walter's roof when she killed his sons, (not her own,) but I still think there's some sort of significance there.
I kind of pick and choose which episodes to watch. As for Arya making pie out of the Frey men..........it was just poetic justice, nothing more. IMO.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:49 am

Not the same thing. The Guest Right http://www.awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Guest_right
doesn't extend to anyone that happens to walk into your house. It's extended to invited guests. I guess you could find some irony in the fact that it happened there, but it's not an offense to the Gods. 8-)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:46 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Not the same thing. The Guest Right http://www.awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Guest_right
doesn't extend to anyone that happens to walk into your house. It's extended to invited guests. I guess you could find some irony in the fact that it happened there, but it's not an offense to the Gods. 8-)
?? I said guests, so "invited" is implied?

Maybe I'm not explaining it well.

Bran tells a story of a rat cook who killed his guest (a king's son,) baked him into a pie and fed it to the king. The gods could not forgive this because he did it to his INVITED guests.

Arya killed Frey's son, baked them into a pie and fed it to Walter Frey.

These two stories are too similar for there not to be any significance, even though Arya didn't kill her invited guest.

You can't see the erie similarity? I gotta think this is going to come back to bite Arya in some fashion, otherwise, there was no point to Bran's story. As we have been trained, everything that happens in GoT has some sort of significance.
Account abandoned.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:14 am

I think everything that happened in the first 2 seasons had significance. Then HBO got impatient and put their own writers in control. It's been halfway off the rails ever since.

I'll be happy if they manage to land a coherent ending at this point.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:22 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I think everything that happened in the first 2 seasons had significance. Then HBO got impatient and put their own writers in control. It's been halfway off the rails ever since.

You should probably just stop watching.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:52 am

Kath wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I think everything that happened in the first 2 seasons had significance. Then HBO got impatient and put their own writers in control. It's been halfway off the rails ever since.

Grumps reminds me of my bro, if it's not the greatest tv show of all-time, then it sucks.
:lol:
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:23 am

StCapps wrote:
Kath wrote:

Grumps reminds me of my bro, if it's not the greatest tv show of all-time, then it sucks.
:lol:
Hey, whoa... I still like the show, it's fun to watch. I just dispute the idea that every plot point has a deeper significance. R.R. Martin was putting together either a masterwork, or a clusterfuck. I can guarantee you that HBO will end up with the latter. You can't keep that many moving parts in a coherent story, on tight deadlines and annual production schedules.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:47 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:v
I just dispute the idea that every plot point has a deeper significance. b
Sure, but a "scary story" told by a character in season 3 that gets (almost nearly) played out by his sibling in season 6, seems significant.
Account abandoned.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:20 am

Kath wrote:Whose re-watching to get ready for July?

I'm ready but I'm also prepared to be underwhelmed. I will watch that show until it is over. It still impresses me, but it is not evenly good. Oh well, its still better than anything on amc or fx atm. Its not quite NCIS Bayou but it is better than regular NCIS.
Shikata ga nai