What show are you watching right now?

Speaker to Animals

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Read the novel. I Ching wrote some interesting shit.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:01 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:57 pm
Dick used the I Ching process to write the novel itself. I think that guy did too much acid and speed and became spiritually lost, but goddamn he could write. Him and JG Ballard are my two favorite fictional commentators on modernity. They are head and shoulders above the pozzed scifi that makes it to hollywood.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:48 am

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:01 pm
Dick used the I Ching process to write the novel itself. I think that guy did too much acid and speed and became spiritually lost, but goddamn he could write. Him and JG Ballard are my two favorite fictional commentators on modernity. They are head and shoulders above the pozzed scifi that makes it to hollywood.
Go read Simak's novel titled City

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:59 am

I'm watching the original Twilight Zone on Hulu. I've only seen a few episodes in the past, so most are new to me. It's a pretty simple show, and easy to predict. For me it's mostly fun watching old stars from my youth, when they were young. I'm watching Burgess Meredtih playing the roll of a bank teller. Meredith was probably about 50 years old at the time, long removed from playing Mick the boxing trainer in Rocky.

:lol: Meredith plays a cuck :lol: :lol: :lol: In the day, they would have called him hen pecked.

The guy is actually quite talented.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:45 pm

Just started watching the HBO adaptation of Elena Ferrante’s My Brilliant Friend. It’s good. Very good. A story about a couple of poor primary school girls in Naples in the ‘50s and their lives growing up. I’m hooked. Didn’t read the the book but now I understand the hype.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:15 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:59 am
I'm watching the original Twilight Zone on Hulu. I've only seen a few episodes in the past, so most are new to me. It's a pretty simple show, and easy to predict. For me it's mostly fun watching old stars from my youth, when they were young. I'm watching Burgess Meredtih playing the roll of a bank teller. Meredith was probably about 50 years old at the time, long removed from playing Mick the boxing trainer in Rocky.

:lol: Meredith plays a cuck :lol: :lol: :lol: In the day, they would have called him hen pecked.

The guy is actually quite talented.
He used to write, too.
:royalty-queen:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:01 pm

The Kominsky Method on Netflix. Pretty much a long movie starring Michael Douglas. It’s like Curb Your Enthusiasm without the nihilism.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:44 pm

Just started the new late 70's period spy show Little Drummer Girl. Holy shit does it have some cast! Alexander Skarsgård & Michael Shannon leads, with support from Max Irons (who had a great premier season of Condor, another spy show) and Lord Lannister himself, Charles Dance. Spy stuff is making a big comeback, I've been loving Berlin Station, of which season 3 arrives shortly.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:31 am

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:01 pm
I ran across the R.Crumb illustration of PKD's "religious experience" again this morning. Trippy: https://www.brainpickings.org/2014/02/0 ... ip-k-dick/

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:18 pm

Damn, just watched "The Creepy Line" free on Amazon Prime...
You want a real eye opener on how manipulated the masses probably are, this is it.