What show are you watching right now?

Speaker to Animals

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:46 am

I watched this last night:

There are a few scientific inaccuracies, but overall I really loved the movie.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:13 pm

I gave a couple of new TV shows a shot.

Murphy Brown reboot................. unwatchable

Magnum PI reboot..................... jumped the shark first episode.
Which for me is really sad. I really enjoy that show in my youth. This thing is cartoonish, TC and Rick are pretty good actually, but the fucked up casting Magnum and Higgins.
The Magnum character looks like he should be in a boy band, needs 6 inches and 60 pounds and a face that can show seriousness and danger. Higgins is just a total dissapointment. Hot brit chick, who of course does all the serious ass kicking in the show. Magnum gets beat up by two guys, she kicks their asses.

There is no serious edge to this show, like the original, no getting it back after the first episode with this cast. Higgins was great because he was a character you could identify with, the crusty old vet telling stories and enforcing rules. Tom Selleck was funny, playful, and mischevious, but he could be deadly serious too. I did think Rick and TC weren't too bad though.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:41 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:13 pm

Which for me is really sad. I really enjoy that show in my youth. This thing is cartoonish, TC and Rick are pretty good actually, but the fucked up casting Magnum and Higgins.
The Magnum character looks like he should be in a boy band, needs 6 inches and 60 pounds and a face that can show seriousness and danger. Higgins is just a total dissapointment. Hot brit chick, who of course does all the serious ass kicking in the show. Magnum gets beat up by two guys, she kicks their asses.

There is no serious edge to this show, like the original, no getting it back after the first episode with this cast. Higgins was great because he was a character you could identify with, the crusty old vet telling stories and enforcing rules. Tom Selleck was funny, playful, and mischevious, but he could be deadly serious too. I did think Rick and TC weren't too bad though.
WTF on Murphy Brown? Why would you even bother? Did you think it watchable the first time around?

As for Magnum, if they really wanted to go full prog with it have Higgins lady be Magnum and get Tom Selleck to be Higgins. Magnum reboot with a Charlie's Angels feel.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:47 am

California wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:05 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:43 am
California wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:53 am

Amazon Prime is taking over the #1 spot from Netflix IMO
Paying $6-15 for decades-old movies, or watching a massive collection of them for free? I don’t think so.

Amazon has a couple of good exclusives, but it’s nowhere near the same value.
Prime has a shitload of free stuff, and I was mainly talking about TV series
I like old movies, beats the shit out of a lot of newer stuff. Been watching their new Jack Ryan series, it's not bad, although only 8 episodes for the first season seems kinda short. Not that I watch a lot of stuff anyways.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:26 am

clubgop wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:41 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:13 pm

WTF on Murphy Brown? Why would you even bother? Did you think it watchable the first time around?

As for Magnum, if they really wanted to go full prog with it have Higgins lady be Magnum and get Tom Selleck to be Higgins. Magnum reboot with a Charlie's Angels feel.
Just being open minded, plus it helps me gauge where hollywoods mentality is right now.
PLATA O PLOMO

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:56 am

lol

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:02 am

The news needs a laugh track as dialed in as that.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:24 am

I'm a big fan of American pickers and a new series is currently being shown. I love the look around the backwaters of the US and seeing into the barns and sheds of collectors of old junk. Frank and Mike's enthusiasm for the pieces they find is clear and they seem to be genuinely nice people. Daniel would be sexy AF if she wasn't covered in so many tatoos.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:50 am

Just finished Season 1 of Castle Rick on HULU.
Meh.
Ok, but wanders into the “trying too hard” territory a bit too often for my tastes.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:16 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:24 am
I'm a big fan of American pickers and a new series is currently being shown. I love the look around the backwaters of the US and seeing into the barns and sheds of collectors of old junk. Frank and Mike's enthusiasm for the pieces they find is clear and they seem to be genuinely nice people. Daniel would be sexy AF if she wasn't covered in so many tatoos.
It's OK. Gotta DVR it though to skip through commercials and BS.

I actually like to watch it from a psychological perspective with Mike and Frank where they work these folks, particularly the ones that don't want to sell.
PLATA O PLOMO