What show are you watching right now?

Hwen Hoshino

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:45 am

StCapps wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
StCapps wrote:Sell me on Borgen.
What do you want to hear to be sold on it?
You tell me.
Okay, it was made by some leftists with balls. Not Joss Whedon types.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:08 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
StCapps wrote:ou tell me.
In what way do the directors/writers of Borgen have..."balls"? What's particularly ballsy about the series in your opinion?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:38 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:Miris kiše na Balkanu

Into the Badlands

Continue, catch up needed:

Netflix's Marco Polo

Agents of Shield

Killjoys

Vikings

Borgen

Piovra

Game of Thrones
I am thinking about starting to watch Into the Badlands but I just want to wait till the series end and then I can catch up. Tell me should I just start watching or is it they type of show that I have to see from the start?

I have seen Season 1 of Marco Polo but I wasn't 100% sold on it. It was okay but I really never bothered to watch Season 2.

Tell me why are you watching AoS? I have almost drop watching the show and I am doing more of just reading the summaries than actually watching the show. Although, I have caught a few episodes this season but I have reached a certain point where I am finding all of Coulson's team (and Coulson) to be kind of assholes, except for like May and Mac, which just totally killed my liking of the show in general. I also have liked Mace and Ghost Rider/Robbie Reyes, but I have heard that they have killed Mace off and has written out Ghost Rider, so maybe I am not going to come back.

Also, I hated Season 3.
Last edited by Penner on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:28 pm

Just a reminder Fargo starts tonight!
Shikata ga nai

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:07 am

Penner wrote:

Into the Badlands

Netflix's Marco Polo

Agents of Shield

Killjoys

Vikings

Borgen

Piovra

Game of Thrones
I am thinking about starting to watch Into the Badlands but I just want to wait till the series end and then I can catch up. Tell me should I just start watching or is it they type of show that I have to see from the start?

I have seen Season 1 of Marco Polo but I wasn't 100% sold on it. It was okay but I really never bothered to watch Season 2.

Tell me why are you watching AoS? I have almost drop watching the show and I am doing more of just reading the summaries than actually watching the show. Although, I have caught a few episodes this season but I have reached a certain point where I am finding all of Coulson's team (and Coulson) to be kind of assholes, except for like May and Mac, which just totally killed my liking of the show in general. I also have liked Mace and Ghost Rider/Robbie Reyes, but I have heard that they have killed Mace off and has written out Ghost Rider, so maybe I am not going to come back.

Also, I hated Season 3.
I just wanna say i finished AOS. I like the Inhumans thing, i wanna see that wrapped up. See Badlands from the start.
BjornP wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
StCapps wrote:ou tell me.
In what way do the directors/writers of Borgen have..."balls"? What's particularly ballsy about the series in your opinion?
The series is just really good not uniquely ballsy. I recall some of the creative team making a series about manipulating global warming data after Borgen.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:25 am

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:35 am

California wrote:
That is a series now?

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:15 am

No, but it gets better and better every time you watch it
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:21 pm

Most wonderful time of the year for high quality television dramas.

On Sunday you've got The Leftovers on HBO.
On Monday you've got Better Call Saul on AMC.
On Tuesday you've got The Americans on FX.
On Wednesday you've got Fargo on FX.

It's a motherfucking bonanza of peak tv.
*yip*

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:56 pm

StCapps wrote:Most wonderful time of the year for high quality television dramas.

On Sunday you've got The Leftovers on HBO.
On Monday you've got Better Call Saul on AMC.
On Tuesday you've got The Americans on FX.
On Wednesday you've got Fargo on FX.

It's a motherfucking bonanza of peak tv.
We do live in a Golden Age for TV.
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Penner wrote:

Into the Badlands

Netflix's Marco Polo

Agents of Shield

Killjoys

Vikings

Borgen

Piovra

Game of Thrones

Also, I hated Season 3.
I just wanna say i finished AOS. I like the Inhumans thing, i wanna see that wrapped up. See Badlands from the start.
Season 3 felt like a wasted opportunity, IMO. My thoughts on Season 4 are this:

I mean I did like Ghost Rider, the character but I just couldn't get into any of the main characters this season because if felt like they made them even bigger assholes then they were usually portrayed. Especially since everyone was so against Mace and it turned out that Mace was actually working on their side the whole time. Mace was a more competent leader than Coulson both political, media savvy, and strategically IMO. He actually wanted to do good and he seemed like a generally nice guy that was thrown into a shitty situation where his government used him and then he had to work with a bunch of assholes who didn't trust him for really any good reason and dealt it with a smile. Not to mentioned that he was the MCU equivalent of Jeffery "The Patriot" Mace. Overall, in my opinion, AoS tends to really have great side characters but they tend to have their main cast of characters just act like assholes like 80% of the time.

This also doesn't mention that the show tends to repeat storylines over and over again and try to use gimmicks to make you watch their show. Gimmicks like "who will die?", or the whole idea of bringing dead/written out characters, etc...
Last edited by Penner on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.