What show are you watching right now?

Smitty-48

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:02 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:00 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:56 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:51 pm
I don't get why Jimmy has grown to hate Howard so much.
Because he's not Jimmy anymore, he's Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman hates Howard, not Jimmy, Jimmy is gone
I guess I'm specifically asking what Howard did or he feels Howard did to him.
Don't over think it
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:26 pm

BCS is not the kind of show I want to watch right now

I'm not looking for event tv right now, I don't have the attention span right now, I'm too jacked

I just want my Gen X Latchkey Kid Babysitter

I just want to watch my soap, new episode of SEAL Team

I don't even fast forward through the commercials, I don't like to rush it

I'm not feeling like the Wire nor the Sopranos, I just want like the A-Team & Dukes of Hazzard

Nothing deep, just eye candy & background noise

The Gen X Latchkey Kid is not even paying close attention,

the tv is just keeping him company, like a robot companion
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:38 pm

heydaralon wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:54 am
heydaralon wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:46 am

I have read various theories that Kim will eventually become the money launderer for Saul by the time BB rolls around. I have also heard it speculated she will be killed, or more plausibly break up with him when he goes to far. Afaik, Saul is single by the time he meets Walt and Jesse, so there is likely to be a falling out.

The show is basically going to have a tragic ending right? Or at least bittersweet, seeing as how we know what it is building up to.

How do you think Jimmy will end up in the BCS timeline set after BB? Do you think he will get away or get caught?
I don't think he's going to die in the end, but beyond that idk.

As an aside, I was kind of let down by the El Camino movie. Did you like it?
Everything Jimmy cares about will be destroyed in the prequel, all he'll have left is Saul, Kim is fucked

Everything Saul cares about has been destroyed in the Sequel, all he has left is Gene, and he might even lose that, but in the meantime the Sword of Damocles hangs over his head at all times

As for El Camino, it was what I thought it would be, so wasn't disappointed, me expectations were calibrated perfectly
I don't get why Jimmy has grown to hate Howard so much. To me Howard seems like a decent human being, and actually likes Jimmy. I think he respects Jimmy's hustle and wishes he could do what Jimmy does. Howard didn't fuck Jimmy over afaik, that was all Chuck's doing. Its been years since I've seen those eps, but from what I remember Howard tried to have Jimmy's back in the past..
Jimmy is projecting his own guilt over his brother's death on Howard
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:46 pm

Then I watch like random documentaries on TVO

Like Dolphin Man is on noiw, Japanese guy who free dives with dolphins

cool blue ocean & background noise, there's also a chick in a bikini free diving, eye candy, good enough

Gen X Latchkey Kid does not sit down to binge watch HBO most of the time, most of the time just channel surfing
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:00 pm

Monty Don's Paradise Gardens

I like Monty Don garden shows, because I have gardens now,

and also relaxing eye candy without having to follow closely

Episode 1 is Andalusia

https://www.tvo.org/video/documentaries ... rdens-ep-1
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:00 pm

Howard didn't do anything to Jimmy, he's just Saul's scapegoat so he doesn't have to look in the mirror as much
*yip*

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:22 am

heydaralon wrote:
StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:46 am

I have read various theories that Kim will eventually become the money launderer for Saul by the time BB rolls around. I have also heard it speculated she will be killed, or more plausibly break up with him when he goes to far. Afaik, Saul is single by the time he meets Walt and Jesse, so there is likely to be a falling out.

The show is basically going to have a tragic ending right? Or at least bittersweet, seeing as how we know what it is building up to.

How do you think Jimmy will end up in the BCS timeline set after BB? Do you think he will get away or get caught?
I don't think he's going to die in the end, but beyond that idk.

As an aside, I was kind of let down by the El Camino movie. Did you like it?
Everything Jimmy cares about will be destroyed in the prequel, all he'll have left is Saul, Kim is fucked

Everything Saul cares about has been destroyed in the Sequel, all he has left is Gene, and he might even lose that, but in the meantime the Sword of Damocles hangs over his head at all times

As for El Camino, it was what I thought it would be, so wasn't disappointed, me expectations were calibrated perfectly
I don't get why Jimmy has grown to hate Howard so much. To me Howard seems like a decent human being, and actually likes Jimmy. I think he respects Jimmy's hustle and wishes he could do what Jimmy does. Howard didn't fuck Jimmy over afaik, that was all Chuck's doing. Its been years since I've seen those eps, but from what I remember Howard tried to have Jimmy's back in the past..
He's not over Chuck's death but Howard is and it made Howard a better person. Do you remember after Chuck died Howard tried to vessel out of fulfilling his will. Kim chewed him out over it. He became depressed and the firm was struggling. He felt bad over Chuck. He told Jimmy about it in the court bathroom. He was seeing a therapist. Jimmy said he was OK and tore up the card.
Now Howard is through it all and business is booming. Jimmy is still in square one. That's why he can't stand Howard.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:29 am

Hastur wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:22 am
heydaralon wrote:
StCapps wrote:

He's not over Chuck's death but Howard is and it made Howard a better person. Do you remember after Chuck died Howard tried to vessel out of fulfilling his will. Kim chewed him out over it. He became depressed and the firm was struggling. He felt bad over Chuck. He told Jimmy about it in the court bathroom. He was seeing a therapist. Jimmy said he was OK and tore up the card.
Now Howard is through it all and business is booming. Jimmy is still in square one. That's why he can't stand Howard.
Nailed it

Couldn't have said it better myself Hastur

*hat tip*
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:25 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:29 am
Hastur wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

Nailed it

*hat tip*
What do you guys think will happen to Nacho? I think Saul mentioned him when Jesse and Walt kidnapped him in BB. He was terrified. I'm guessing Nacho and his father escape the life somehow, or Nacho's father gets killed and that is what prompts him to finally leave in disgust.

I don't think Nacho will die, in fact he may be Vacuum man's first customer in the timeline.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:30 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:25 pm
StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:29 am
Hastur wrote:

Nailed it

*hat tip*
What do you guys think will happen to Nacho? I think Saul mentioned him when Jesse and Walt kidnapped him in BB. He was terrified. I'm guessing Nacho and his father escape the life somehow, or Nacho's father gets killed and that is what prompts him to finally leave in disgust.

I don't think Nacho will die, in fact he may be Vacuum man's first customer in the timeline.
In BB, Saul was blaming Nacho for whatever it was he thought he was going to get buried in the desert over, which doesn't necessarily imply what his fate was one way or the other

He can't be the vacuum's guy's first customer, because the actor who played him died just after El Camino came out
*yip*