What show are you watching right now?

StCapps

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:09 am

Anyone watching the new season of Westworld? Has the show stepped it's game up, or should I stop watching because it's never going to live up to it's potential?
*yip*

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:11 am

StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:09 am
Anyone watching the new season of Westworld? Has the show stepped it's game up, or should I stop watching because it's never going to live up to it's potential?
I couldn't even finish season 2.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:12 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:11 am
StCapps wrote:
There was some good episodes in that season, but it really seemed to be going off the rails, especially at the end of the season. Too much noise, not enough signal.

Aaron Paul joined the cast this season apparently, but those idiot writers are just going to squander his talents like they do with every other actor on that show. If Westworld ever turns itself around, I'll be shocked.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:28 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:11 am
StCapps wrote:
Season 2 was awful. To be honest, I feel like they should have just done a Westworld miniseries. Season 1 ended perfectly, and it left just the right amount of mysteries to make it intriguing.
Shikata ga nai

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:43 pm

Both you guys only like a handful of show and films so yall can fuck off with recs bros!

Yellowstone is good

Togo a Disney movie is actually awesome

And tbh misinformed or not Knightfall is actually based.

Good bye!
The good, the true, & the beautiful

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:46 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:43 pm
Both you guys only like a handful of show and films so yall can fuck off with recs bros!
We like more high quality shows than the vast majority of folks, so we are actually great at recommendations. Those who like everything they watch are far more prone to recommend things that aren't as good just because they like them.
*yip*

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:48 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:46 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
We like more high quality shows than the vast majority of folks, so we are actually great at recommendations. Those who like everything they watch are far more prone to recommend things that aren't as good just because they like them.
I know b/c if I like 20% more films than yall do I don't know what im talking about and can't be pretentious about it. Sperg baby sperg! Just fucking with you ...a little.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:50 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:48 pm
StCapps wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:
I know b/c if I like 20% more films than yall do I don't know what im talking about and can't be pretentious about it. Sperg baby sperg! Just fucking with you ...a little.
Watching more but watching less high quality is not an advantage when it comes to recommending something to watch.

Me and daralon give the best tv drama recommendations around here, it's not even a competition, we are in our own tier.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:59 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:48 pm
StCapps wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:
You haven't seen the kinds of sophisticated stuff I've watched though, Greece. I have seen movies where English is not even spoken, and it just has subtitles. I love those kinds of films, because I get to learn about other cultures, and my job is to save the other races. I have watched some movies that are well over 2 hours in length GoG. I've even seen some films that were 3 hours or more long. I'm done wasting my breath on you. You wouldn't be able to understand. You just wouldn't.
Shikata ga nai

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:02 pm

O ya Kingdom of Heaven Directors Cut is a real good movie, yeah that's right real good.