What show are you watching right now?

Hastur

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by Hastur » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:27 pm

Better call Saul Season 5.

This might be the best TV show ever. Hinges on the ending.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:41 pm

Hastur wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:27 pm
Better call Saul Season 5.

This might be the best TV show ever. Hinges on the ending.
It definitely has top 5 potential, with a strong final stretch and a good ending. If it gets into the top 5 and has the best ending of the bunch, that would be enough to take the crown. Gonna get caught up later tonight.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:45 pm

I've just watched the first 2 seasons of Loudermilk. Very good, literally laughed out loud. Eagerly awaiting season 3, rumoured to be out next month.

Also, Piccard has not disappointed. Watched the first 6 episodes now and the story is moving along well. Best Star Trek series since TNG by a long way.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:47 am

I'm not watching this on TV since it's going on outside my office window, but if you wan't to see what it looks like when Stockholm is getting a new bridge you can follow the action here:
https://www.svtplay.se/video/25942068/g ... start=auto

Animation of the process:

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:43 am

Hastur wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:47 am
I'm not watching this on TV since it's going on outside my office window, but if you wan't to see what it looks like when Stockholm is getting a new bridge you can follow the action here:

Nice. I remember driving through the Alps as a kid and being fascinated by the really tall bridges being built for the roads and wondering how they did it.
This is the view from my work at the moment.
I'm chefing at the pub next to one of our local air museums.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:58 pm

Don't know why, but I've started watching this guy's car repair channel. Funny and informative. Be careful or you'll become hypnotized by all of the hand waving. :lol:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:36 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:43 am
Hastur wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:47 am

Nice. I remember driving through the Alps as a kid and being fascinated by the really tall bridges being built for the roads and wondering how they did it.
This is the view from my work at the moment.
I'm chefing at the pub next to one of our local air museums.
Sweden is really smart. It's not fair that they get to brain drain countries like Somalia for all their doctors and scientists.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:20 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:19 pm
BjornP wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:04 pm
StCapps wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:39 am
You don't seem very lighthearded, you seem defensive about being compared to Germans. I'm the lighthearted troll, you're the super serious defensive one try to constantly point out the differences. If you were being lighthearted, you'd be making jokes, not acting like this is a serious debate or something. Just let it go, or start being funny, any other reaction just makes you look foolish.
That's because you're aren't seeing my gentle, disarming and warming smile, Capps.

I like Germans, grew up speaking German, watched nearly all of my favorite childhood cartoons in German and listened to German radio over Danish radio. I don't belong to the generation of Danes (60+) for whom everything German is bad, and you're really, really bad at guessing what people meant by what they write. But I guess you wouldn't be you without being incapable of understanding that everything you personally feel or think about something isn't in fact what "everyone" in the world feels or thinks about something, Mr. The Wire is Objectively the Greatest TV show of all time. :D

Although I'll make the exception with your taste in Rammstein songs. That tune is of course objectively good. (That's me being lightheartedly funny as well ironic, Capps... in case you don't quite get it (and that's me mocking you, again... I'm fickle like that. :P ).
I think Breaking Bad is better than The Wire. I think The Wire is better than The Sopranos. If you want to make an argument that one of those three shows is the best TV drama ever, that is acceptable. Suggesting any other TV drama is better than those three shows, that is just objectively wrong though. Mad Men is great and all, but it's not better than any of those three shows.

I'm sure plenty of people wouldn't agree with my assessment of the top of TV Drama hierarchy, but their taste in television is questionable at best. Most people haven't seen as many of the greatest TV drama's ever made as I have, my opinion is well informed. Go ahead and dismiss my opinion of TV if you want, but the only one you are hurting by doing so is yourself, I know my shit.
Capps, I am a huge Leftovers Fan, but you gave me some bad intel when you recommended LOST. I watched a few episodes of it man because of Lindelof, and I gotta tell you, I don't get the hype. It seemed fairly awful tbh. Maybe it gets better but I have forgotten how bad Network tv is lol.

Also you should watch Damon Lindelof's The Hunt. He wrote the script, and that movie is probably the best one I've seen in the last 6 months. Its fucking hilarious.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:25 am

heydaralon wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:20 am
StCapps wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:19 pm
BjornP wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:04 pm

That's because you're aren't seeing my gentle, disarming and warming smile, Capps.

I like Germans, grew up speaking German, watched nearly all of my favorite childhood cartoons in German and listened to German radio over Danish radio. I don't belong to the generation of Danes (60+) for whom everything German is bad, and you're really, really bad at guessing what people meant by what they write. But I guess you wouldn't be you without being incapable of understanding that everything you personally feel or think about something isn't in fact what "everyone" in the world feels or thinks about something, Mr. The Wire is Objectively the Greatest TV show of all time. :D

Although I'll make the exception with your taste in Rammstein songs. That tune is of course objectively good. (That's me being lightheartedly funny as well ironic, Capps... in case you don't quite get it (and that's me mocking you, again... I'm fickle like that. :P ).
I think Breaking Bad is better than The Wire. I think The Wire is better than The Sopranos. If you want to make an argument that one of those three shows is the best TV drama ever, that is acceptable. Suggesting any other TV drama is better than those three shows, that is just objectively wrong though. Mad Men is great and all, but it's not better than any of those three shows.

I'm sure plenty of people wouldn't agree with my assessment of the top of TV Drama hierarchy, but their taste in television is questionable at best. Most people haven't seen as many of the greatest TV drama's ever made as I have, my opinion is well informed. Go ahead and dismiss my opinion of TV if you want, but the only one you are hurting by doing so is yourself, I know my shit.
Capps, I am a huge Leftovers Fan, but you gave me some bad intel when you recommended LOST. I watched a few episodes of it man because of Lindelof, and I gotta tell you, I don't get the hype. It seemed fairly awful tbh. Maybe it gets better but I have forgotten how bad Network tv is lol.

Also you should watch Damon Lindelof's The Hunt. He wrote the script, and that movie is probably the best one I've seen in the last 6 months. Its fucking hilarious.
LOST is good, the ending is not. Best Network TV show in a coon's age. The Leftovers is much better. I'll check out The Hunt at some point, I like me some Lindeolf.
*yip*

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:25 am

I finished season 2 of My Brilliant Friend yesterday. First half was a bit slow, but they compensated that with the second. One of the best adoations of a book I've seen on TV since Brideshead Revisited. Casting, set design, cinematography and the Max Richter score. It gives me goosebumps. Brilliant seasons ending as well that makes you want to see more.