What show are you watching right now?

Hastur

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by Hastur » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:04 am

BjornP wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:56 am
Hastur wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:38 pm
BjornP wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:37 am
That sounds... German to you? Anyway, does Babylon Berlin currently run on North American Netflix? Or is it on some other service?
It was shown by SVT here at first. Now S1-2 is on HBO Nordic. Don't know about S3 yet.
Well, this is embarrasing... I knew DR showed it almost a year ago. Didn't think to look if they still had the episodes on their site online. Usually shows produced outside of DR only get a very limited showtime online. Guess I can watch it, after all... :oops: :D
:clap:
Do so before they remove it. It is well worth it. One of the best shows in many years.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:35 am

Just watched first episode now... :shock: Good so far, though alothappens in a very short amount of time, which I didn't expect when I looked at how long the episodes were. DR usually warns on their site if a show is about to be removed from the site, so I think I can relax with all these episodes.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:40 am

It was a bit confusing at first. It's a lot of characters to introduce and they do it by going straight into the action. Show not tell. Very little exposition in this one in general. One of the strengths of the series. They are confident in the storytelling and the ability of the audience to figure it out.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:04 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:58 pm
Perhaps this is why people like Capps think that the EU is turning Europe into one big homogeneous culture. If you don't understand that even quite similar sounding languages like Dutch and German or Spanish and Portuguese are different enough that they don't automatically understand each other then you probably can't see how different our cultures and traditions still are.
I said that languages sound similar, and here we come with idiotic mind reading strawmen of my position, typical of lefty virtue signaling faggots.

Notice how Hastur didn't take the bait, because he's cool.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:10 am

BjornP wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:56 am
Notice how it's Germanic languages. Checkmate.
Either you didn't check the very first clip of the video, or you think English sounds just the same as German, Danish and Dutch. :clap:
I didn't before I first commented, I just saw the subtitles, saw reise and figured German. Never said they sound exactly the same, but pretend they are so super different is laughable, which is what you are doing. Notice how Hastur wasn't triggered like you by it, slides off his back like water, because he's cool, and you're being a whinny bitch about being compared to Germans.

Lighten up, Germany.
*yip*

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:24 am

Video I was referring to most recently was the "Germanic languages YT video", Capps. To spell it out for you: English is a Germanic language. And I was making (lighthearted btw, despite you seeming to take it more personally) fun of you, not because I was offended on behalf of my language. I thought it ridiculous on the same level as keeping on insisting the world is flat is ridiculous.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:33 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:04 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:58 pm
Perhaps this is why people like Capps think that the EU is turning Europe into one big homogeneous culture. If you don't understand that even quite similar sounding languages like Dutch and German or Spanish and Portuguese are different enough that they don't automatically understand each other then you probably can't see how different our cultures and traditions still are.
I said that languages sound similar, and here we come with idiotic mind reading strawmen of my position, typical of lefty virtue signaling faggots.

Notice how Hastur didn't take the bait, because he's cool.
So similar that you think they sound the same. If they sounded the same do you not think that the Portuguese could understand the Spanish?
Do you think that Danes are just Germans who won't admit it to themselves?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:39 am

BjornP wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:24 am
Video I was referring to most recently was the "Germanic languages YT video", Capps. To spell it out for you: English is a Germanic language. And I was making (lighthearted btw, despite you seeming to take it more personally) fun of you, not because I was offended on behalf of my language. I thought it ridiculous on the same level as keeping on insisting the world is flat is ridiculous.
You don't seem very lighthearded, you seem defensive about being compared to Germans. I'm the lighthearted troll, you're the super serious defensive one try to constantly point out the differences. If you were being lighthearted, you'd be making jokes, not acting like this is a serious debate or something. Just let it go, or start being funny, any other reaction just makes you look foolish.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:47 pm

Red-assed. :)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:51 pm

*yip*