What show are you watching right now?

Smitty-48

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:49 am

SEAL Team has become my favorite show, everybody watch it so they don't cancel it.

Soap Opera for Troops

When Clay and Stella broke up before Clay's deployment, I was upset.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:51 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:47 am
I had a black lab when I was a kid, he was amazing. He had an uninterruptible power supply. I'd go out skating everyday and he'd pull me at incredible speed. He could pull me ten miles on my skateboard. He loved to swim. I'd come home from school and he'd be paddling around waiting for me to jump in and join him. He loved to fetch, he could even dive to the bottom of the pool to fetch plastic rings. He was so friendly, so smart, so loyal.

Miss this guy real bad even after all these years.
Now you done made me cry.

I got two Black Labs right here, they're getting old tho, 10 and 11, greyed haired mutts.
Nec Aspera Terrent

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:55 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:49 am
SEAL Team has become my favorite show, everybody watch it so they don't cancel it.

Soap Opera for Troops

Crazy I'd never even heard of it before. But it's really good. Gets me pumped.

The distribution is all wrong though. They should release the whole season at once. I've been binge watching, but I'm just about done with season 2 and I don't want to have to wait each week for a new episode. Also sucks that you have to buy CBS all access to watch it. I'm on a free trial for the week, but it kinda sucks to have to pay for a whole channel to just get one show.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:01 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:55 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:49 am

Soap Opera for Troops

Crazy I'd never even heard of it before. But it's really good. Gets me pumped.

The distribution is all wrong though. They should release the whole season at once. I've been binge watching, but I'm just about done with season 2 and I don't want to have to wait each week for a new episode. Also sucks that you have to buy CBS all access to watch it. I'm on a free trial for the week, but it kinda sucks to have to pay for a whole channel to just get one show.
I get it with my cable package, but I would pay extra for Clay & Stella, and Sonny

Nec Aspera Terrent

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:02 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:51 am
doc_loliday wrote:
I had a black lab when I was a kid, he was amazing. He had an uninterruptible power supply. I'd go out skating everyday and he'd pull me at incredible speed. He could pull me ten miles on my skateboard. He loved to swim. I'd come home from school and he'd be paddling around waiting for me to jump in and join him. He loved to fetch, he could even dive to the bottom of the pool to fetch plastic rings. He was so friendly, so smart, so loyal.

I got two Black Labs right here, they're getting old tho, 10 and 11, greyed haired mutts.

Harsh. Sounds like they got a good life though, plenty of Canadian forest for them to tromp around in and fresh air to breathe. That, and a good owner to play with, and some bacon, what more could they want?

I love big ol dogs. Love to run around and wrestle around with them. Generally I don't like little dogs as much, but I got my wife a small little guy, something that won't drown her in slobber, but even he's pretty awesome. Usually small dogs like him are mean and yappy, but he's super chill, super friendly, just wants to jump on your lap and lick ya.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:04 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:01 pm
I get it with my cable package, but I would pay extra for Clay & Stella, and Sonny

I don't have cable, but I like this show, so I'm willing to shell out for it. I wish they made more modern military shows. It's nice to see one that isn't anti-hero, or isn't over the top cheesy.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:04 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:02 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:51 am
doc_loliday wrote:

Harsh. Sounds like they got a good life though, plenty of Canadian forest for them to tromp around in and fresh air to breathe. That, and a good owner to play with, and some bacon, what more could they want?
No doubt, I mean, I bought this house for my wife, but we bought this yard and woods for our pups.

My wife is a crazy dog lady, they are pampered like rich kids, raw meat diet, plus she cooks for them, they run free on the trails in the woods, and swim in the river almost every day.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:10 pm

The other day my wife lost our younger dog in the woods.

Just got separated. She calls me on the phone in a panic.

So I jumped in the truck and went around the park, para rescue mode.

I started calling for her with my parade square voice, and she found me.

So I come back to where my wife is all panicked, with the dog in the front seat of the truck.

I was like Clay on SEAL Team right then. See the look on my wife's face, that was priceless.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:17 pm

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:24 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:04 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:01 pm

I don't have cable, but I like this show, so I'm willing to shell out for it. I wish they made more modern military shows. It's nice to see one that isn't anti-hero, or isn't over the top cheesy.
I wasn't a SEAL obviously, but it was like that in my unit, Reconnaissance Patrolmen, smaller teams, tighter knit.

And the soap opera, Clay & Stella, that was us, me and my girlfriend, fight like cats and dogs, then we'd make up. I'd be in the field, thinking aw shit, I fucked it up, she's gonna be dating another guy by the time I get back.

Then I jump off the truck back at our compound, and I see her waiting for me in the parking lot. That's a good feeling, I'll never forget it.
Nec Aspera Terrent