What show are you watching right now?

StCapps

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:08 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:53 am
Right, I've just paid £14.50 for the first season of the wire.
NO FUCKING SPOILERS please

HD and Capps, this is on you. If I'm disappointed I expect the pair of you to reimburse me.

Just watched episode one.
Nice set up to the story, introduced the main characters well. Worth the 89.65 pence but I'm still holding you responsible for the other £13.60 for now.
Gets to watch The Wire for the first time, you lucky bastard.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:14 am

Also Kai Wynn is a great villain and all, but Gul Dukat is the greatest villain in all of Star Trek, lets just get that straight.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:35 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:08 am
Montegriffo wrote:

HD and Capps, this is on you. If I'm disappointed I expect the pair of you to reimburse me.

Nice set up to the story, introduced the main characters well. Worth the 89.65 pence but I'm still holding you responsible for the other £13.60 for now.
Watched the first 9 episodes already.
Good stuff, you're off the hook for the cash.

5 series at £15 a pop is gonna be £75 though.
As a person who's never paid a single penny to watch TV before yesterday, it's going to have to stay good for me to buy them all.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:38 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:35 am
StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:08 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Watched the first 9 episodes already.
Good stuff, you're off the hook for the cash.

5 series at £15 a pop is gonna be £75 though.
As a person who's never paid a single penny to watch TV before yesterday, it's going to have to stay good for me to buy them all.
The Wire is probably the most consistent TV show in the history of television. Season 3 and Season 4 are two of the top 10 greatest seasons in the history of television, probably top 5 actually.
*yip*

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:06 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:14 am
Also Kai Wynn is a great villain and all, but Gul Dukat is the greatest villain in all of Star Trek, lets just get that straight.
I agree. Khan is a good second. Odo's (mother? sister?) was also good.

All my favorite Star Trek characters are the logical ones: Spock, Odo, 7 of 9, Tuvak... not Data, though. I loved him for awhile, but some of his story lines were unfortunate. Anything with Lor should never have been produced. Same with Noonien Soong. He seemed to get the most "blech," stories. Masks was truly terrible.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:18 am

Kath wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:06 am
StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:14 am
I agree. Khan is a good second. Odo's (mother? sister?) was also good.

All my favorite Star Trek characters are the logical ones: Spock, Odo, 7 of 9, Tuvak... not Data, though. I loved him for awhile, but some of his story lines were unfortunate. Anything with Lor should never have been produced. Same with Noonien Soong. He seemed to get the most "blech," stories. Masks was truly terrible.
Yeah it's between Dukat and Khan for greatest trek villain. Unfortunately for Khan, Dukat had a whole series to flesh him out, where as Khan had an episode and a movie, so got to give the nod to Dukat.

As for my favorite trek characters, I like troublemakers/villains best: Garak, Quark, Dukat, Khan and Q.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:49 pm

Team Khan for me (not discussing the fetid abortion that is the "reboot" universe).

Closely followed by the Borg Queen and Luthor Sloan.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:15 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:49 pm
Team Khan for me (not discussing the fetid abortion that is the "reboot" universe).

Closely followed by the Borg Queen and Luthor Sloan.
Sloan is underrated, loves me some Sloan. Borg Queen was only good in First Contact, sucked in Voyager.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:24 am

Sloan was good. Khan had a great ending, Dukat did not. In the race to wrap things up in season 8 there were casualties. Season 4-7 were pretty great, lots of good Dukat material.

But I never hated any of them like Kai Win, I had a visceral hatred for that cunt.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:28 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:24 am
Sloan was good. Khan had a great ending, Dukat did not. In the race to wrap things up in season 8 there were casualties. Season 4-7 were pretty great, lots of good Dukat material.

But I never hated any of them like Kai Win, I had a visceral hatred for that cunt.
Dukat killed her, that makes him a better villain by default. The Pah-Wraiths Know. Dukat's ending wasn't as great as Khan's, but the sheer quantity of high quality Dukat material easily makes him the greatest villain in all of Star Trek.
*yip*