What show are you watching right now?

Kath

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by Kath » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:38 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:07 pm

Oh, and Dax version 2.0 sucked, but Dax version 1.0 :clap:
Dax and Worf = best romance on any Trek series. Violent sex for the win!!!

hehe.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:45 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:05 pm
Don't get me started with Counselor Troi. I can respect no military organization where a social worker is part of the senior command.
I think that can be rationalized by the exploration mission, but is it sexist that I found both lead females insufferable and humorless? As for military organizations, when Riker refused promotion he should have been sent to sickbay for a psych eval. Ridiculous thing to write in a naval structure.

Did any of you see that documentary on TNG narrated by Shatner? It explained a lot about why the characters were so one dimensional, it was what Roddenberry wanted. I always thought that crew was on lithium, no one but Worf, Data and Barkey seemed to have any personal ambitions at all. Them in a small trading ship a la Firefly is the spinoff I wanted to see.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:12 pm

Kath wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:38 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:07 pm

Oh, and Dax version 2.0 sucked, but Dax version 1.0 :clap:
Dax and Worf = best romance on any Trek series. Violent sex for the win!!!

hehe.
You know it. The series had the balls to have a scene where the Captain had to admonish his two senior officers in the hospital about injuring each other during sex. :D
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:19 pm

brewster wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:45 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:05 pm
Don't get me started with Counselor Troi. I can respect no military organization where a social worker is part of the senior command.
I think that can be rationalized by the exploration mission, but is it sexist that I found both lead females insufferable and humorless? As for military organizations, when Riker refused promotion he should have been sent to sickbay for a psych eval. Ridiculous thing to write in a naval structure.

Did any of you see that documentary on TNG narrated by Shatner? It explained a lot about why the characters were so one dimensional, it was what Roddenberry wanted. I always thought that crew was on lithium, no one but Worf, Data and Barkey seemed to have any personal ambitions at all. Them in a small trading ship a la Firefly is the spinoff I wanted to see.
I did not see that Shatner bit. I liked Data, but they fucking over did Data. The show became about Picard and Data far too much.

Just before Star Trek Justice Warriors series was launched, Michael Dorn was pushing for a series about Worf after DS9. Worf was the most developed character in the entire series. He starts out as a red shirt dufus getting his ass kicked, and becomes decent by the end of TNG, then becomes awesome through DS9. Chief O'Brien really developed well too.

I'd go with Worf, Chief, Garrack, Julian and Thomas Riker working for Section 31. In our year 2020, that show works.
PLATA O PLOMO

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:21 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:19 pm
I'd go with Worf, Chief, Garrack, Julian and Thomas Riker working for Section 31. In our year 2020, that show works.
I'd watch that. In defense of Data, who I expected to hate as a technological Mary Sue, he's one of the only TNG characters with ambition or desires, he wants to be a real boy. What do any of the rest want? Is there a character besides Riker that actually has a sex drive? What made DS9 great was that most of the characters were damaged, frustrated, and pissed off all the time. Just like us!
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:54 pm

brewster wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:21 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:19 pm
I'd watch that. In defense of Data, who I expected to hate as a technological Mary Sue, he's one of the only TNG characters with ambition or desires, he wants to be a real boy. What do any of the rest want? Is there a character besides Riker that actually has a sex drive? What made DS9 great was that most of the characters were damaged, frustrated, and pissed off all the time. Just like us!
+1 you got me laughing here :lol:
Yes, yes, yes. Let's go through the DS9 List

Captain Sisko - hates starfleet, hates being a religious icon, would rather cook and play baseball than anything, and he's the fucking leader............... BTW, willing to do wtf it takes to win a brutal war.

Major Kira - former terrorist, has daddy issues

Odo - square peg, resorts to the law as it is something straight forward enough for him to embrace

Quark - Failure as a Ferengi business man

Dr Bashir - genetically engineered human that successfully hides it from starfleet for decades

Dax - gender bender science officer

Worf - outlawed Klingon. Just think about that, he's too bad to be accepted by the Klingons.

Chief O'Brien - NCO, not a schmarmy officer. Has PTSD, he did shit at Setlick III that he still doesn't talk about. Left frontline work because of it.

Garrak - Cardassian spy/assassin/saboteur, lies constantly because if you want to be good at it you need to practice the skill.
PLATA O PLOMO

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:53 am

Right, I've just paid £14.50 for the first season of the wire.
NO FUCKING SPOILERS please

HD and Capps, this is on you. If I'm disappointed I expect the pair of you to reimburse me.

Just watched episode one.
Nice set up to the story, introduced the main characters well. Worth the 89.65 pence but I'm still holding you responsible for the other £13.60 for now.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:26 am

snape kills dumbledore

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:37 am

Watching S02 of Billions. Can't believe Maggie Siff bangs Elon Musk.
Watching S01 of Hanna. E05 was boring as fuck. I literally fast forwarded through sections. Only one death, what a disappointment for a show that started pretty well.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:01 am

I'm watching True Blood again. I know its trash but I love it

I saw Bosch came out yesterday, I'll watch that real soon as well
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session