2017 Darwin of the year award candidates

SilverEagle

2017 Darwin of the year award candidates

Post by SilverEagle » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:05 am

List your candidates for Darwin of the Year award. :lol:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/05/wo ... elfie.html
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Speaker to Animals

Re: 2017 Darwin of the year award candidates

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:09 am

SilverEagle wrote:List your candidates for Darwin of the Year award. :lol:

Let's be totally honest here. When we were young, most of us did stupid shit that could have gotten us killed. I climbed down into mine shafts abandoned in the 1880s, with old beams falling apart and the ceilings caving in. If I had a smartphone then, I would probably have done stupid shit like this too.

It's weird that women do it. They don't have testosterone causing them to be reckless. So maybe in their cases it could be pure stupidity.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:16 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:List your candidates for Darwin of the Year award. :lol:

Let's be totally honest here. When we were young, most of us did stupid shit that could have gotten us killed. I climbed down into mine shafts abandoned in the 1880s, with old beams falling apart and the ceilings caving in. If I had a smartphone then, I would probably have done stupid shit like this too.

It's weird that women do it. They don't have testosterone causing them to be reckless. So maybe in their cases it could be pure stupidity.
And narcissism.....you know with the whole selfie thing and all.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:24 am

Oh, I'm completely amazed that I'm still alive for all the shit I pulled before I was 25.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:04 pm

The moment I found the flashlight on the seat so I could find the switch on the dashboard to turn on the lights, and realized we had stopped less than a foot from driving off of a cliff. We laughed our asses off.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:08 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:The moment I found the flashlight on the seat so I could find the switch on the dashboard to turn on the lights, and realized we had stopped less than a foot from driving off of a cliff. We laughed our asses off.
That time on prom night, when we ran out of beer in the lead truck traveling down a gravel road at speeds varying from 45-60; and I crawl out the window into the bed, then got the trail truck to come up so I could jump on the hood, get beer and go back.

:doh:
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:16 pm

And let it begin......

OK, I challenge everyone to a story contest. I don't think we've ever done this. I ask that you please keep them as factual as you recall them to be.
PLATA O PLOMO

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:33 pm

C-Mag wrote:And let it begin......

OK, I challenge everyone to a story contest. I don't think we've ever done this. I ask that you please keep them as factual as you recall them to be.

Quite a movie, captain. "... anyway, we delivered the bomb." http://www.ussindianapolis.org/

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:34 pm

Drunk on a lake in a canoe at night. Canoe flips. I hold it upright while the other two climb in. I can't get in without flipping it. They start paddling while I am dragged behind. I get the feeling I am holding them back, so I let go to let them travel faster.

The moment I let go, the canoe races off into the darkness. Immediately realize I am too drunk, and my steel toe boots are too heavy for me to manage to keep my head above water, let alone make it to shore. Make my peace with drowning.

Guys realize I am gone. One dives out to come back for me. Flips canoe again. Backstrokes past me like a speed boat. I can't fathom how he is able to move that fast. He keeps going.

Struggle forward for about ten minutes until I reach overturned canoe. Other guy is holding on, not knowing what to do next. We start making our way back, holding onto overturned canoe. Start finding beers floating on the surface. Drink a few on our way back.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:44 pm

Get drunk. Wake up in Oconee National Forest. Douse smoldering fire left behind by previous hunter. Make camp. Leave camp to gather firewood. Come back to camp to find it ablaze. Notice gas can is on fire. Smother gas can with body. Rise up from smothered flaming gas can. Learn that mixed fuel can relight when exposed to oxygen. Become human torch. Rip off shirt and smother again.

Remember Dad's words twenty minutes earlier when he saw I had gotten a bucket of water to douse the previous hunter's fire, "good job Smokey."