Disney's Beauty and the Beast gay controversy

TheReal_ND

Re: Disney's Beauty and the Beast gay controversy

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:49 am

Well I mean, short of violence and rioting of course.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:50 am

Wait, 30 miles away isn't that far really, definitely it would be an inconvenience but it's totally do-able, right? Thirty mile commute ain't but a thang, the town I grew up in is benefited because we're >1 hour away from Los Angeles, where a ton of people drive to work and college. I drove a 45 min commute for a year until I wised up and moved closer to work.

I don't know where you live, maybe the drive is worse than the 5 North in and out of LA, or maybe your child is young and you prefer to have them closer? I don't have children so I can't speak to that angle, or maybe you already commute, maybe there's some other problem, I guess I don't really know the situation that well but 30 miles is totally an option.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:56 am

pineapplemike wrote:Wait, 30 miles away isn't that far really, definitely it would be an inconvenience but it's totally do-able, right? Thirty mile commute ain't but a thang, the town I grew up in is benefited because we're >1 hour away from Los Angeles, where a ton of people drive to work and college. I drove a 45 min commute for a year until I wised up and moved closer to work.

I don't know where you live, maybe the drive is worse than the 5 North in and out of LA, or maybe your child is young and you prefer to have them closer? I don't have children so I can't speak to that angle, or maybe you already commute, maybe there's some other problem, I guess I don't really know the situation that well but 30 miles is totally an option.
Well when you work 80 miles to the west, your wife works 22 miles to the east and the private school is about 30 miles south it creates a logistics nightmare.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

atanamis

Post by atanamis » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:14 pm

pineapplemike wrote:Wait, 30 miles away isn't that far really, definitely it would be an inconvenience but it's totally do-able, right? Thirty mile commute ain't but a thang, the town I grew up in is benefited because we're >1 hour away from Los Angeles, where a ton of people drive to work and college. I drove a 45 min commute for a year until I wised up and moved closer to work.

No, it isn't. This entire thread start to finish is about how poor sad SilverEagle just can't man up in the world and make anything happen. He'll even tell us that he will drive 80 miles each way to go to work, and that his wife drives 22 miles, but somehow driving their kids to a private school just isn't a priority for them. Kids are important enough to whine about how he can't trust government welfare to raise them, but not enough to actually get off his butt and be a parent.
Fife wrote:LULZ that was a little harsh, even for you.
Government school ain't no "handout" on the question of how it's financed, broham. More of a "dry-socket ass-reaming."
It is relying on tax payers to take care of your kids for you and to teach them things that the government wants them to know. I as a tax paying adult with no kids gets to subsidize SilverEagle's lack of interest in being a parent and getting his kids an education he feels comfortable with, and in exchange for my troubles I get his bitching about how one of the free teachers I give him might irreparably harm his little snowflakes by showing them a movie that reveals that some people are romantically interested in people of their own gender. I'm probably about as religiously and morally conservative as they come, but I know that I am in a world that isn't designed to coddle my beliefs. I don't walk around expecting multi-billion dollar entertainment companies to cater to my own personal moral and religious views. But pansy wannabe's like SilverEagle can't take responsibility for their own fate. That would exhibit a level of maturity and responsibility beyond his ability to fathom. Want to see a good parent? They raise their kids and don't just complain about how Disney is to blame for all their parenting failures. But to your point, public schooling is a handout just as much as any other taxpayer subsidized service. I'm not complaining about subsidizing those who need it and benefit from it, but if SilverEagle wants to complain about it he can GTFO and educate his own kids in his own way.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:17 pm

I as a tax paying adult with no kids
Opinion discarded, quit reading there.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:28 pm

atanamis wrote:
Government school ain't no "handout" on the question of how it's financed, broham. More of a "dry-socket ass-reaming."
It is relying on tax payers to take care of your kids for you and to teach them things that the government wants them to know. I as a tax paying adult with no kids gets to subsidize SilverEagle's lack of interest in being a parent and getting his kids an education he feels comfortable with, and in exchange for my troubles I get his bitching about how one of the free teachers I give him might irreparably harm his little snowflakes by showing them a movie that reveals that some people are romantically interested in people of their own gender. I'm probably about as religiously and morally conservative as they come, but I know that I am in a world that isn't designed to coddle my beliefs. I don't walk around expecting multi-billion dollar entertainment companies to cater to my own personal moral and religious views. But pansy wannabe's like SilverEagle can't take responsibility for their own fate. That would exhibit a level of maturity and responsibility beyond his ability to fathom. Want to see a good parent? They raise their kids and don't just complain about how Disney is to blame for all their parenting failures. But to your point, public schooling is a handout just as much as any other taxpayer subsidized service. I'm not complaining about subsidizing those who need it and benefit from it, but if SilverEagle wants to complain about it he can GTFO and educate his own kids in his own way.
If I had my way, you'd be keeping all that tax money. I'm sure you'd find something else to bitch about.

atanamis

Post by atanamis » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:55 am

Fife wrote:If I had my way, you'd be keeping all that tax money. I'm sure you'd find something else to bitch about.
You know it! Anytime someone responds to "How're you doing" with "Can't complain", I accuse them of intellectual laziness. It is one thing to choose NOT to complain, but if you actually CAN'T complain that's just plain intellectual laziness! Seriously though, using taxpayer money to help the next generation have a fair shot regardless of the faults of the parent is something I do think is worth doing. A family making $140k though can take responsibility for their own fate though. Heck, they can hire a tutor to home educate their kids at that point if they aren't happy with the local system. The primary goal of the public education system should always be to provide the best options possible for people who can't do for themselves.

Instead we see public schools in well off areas get all the attention and resources while those in poor areas need donations of printer paper to print worksheets (an actual request from schools I work with, and a donation drive in which I have participated). If our public school system can't properly supply teachers at schools in low income areas with printer paper for worksheets, we are doing something wrong. And if SilverEagle's complaint is that his kids "might" be exposed to a film portrayal of a gay person because a teacher could "possibly" choose to show it, well that's just too bad. There is "too lazy to complain", and then there is "making up possible offenses because you're a whiny child".

I'll never run out of ideas to improve the systems and institutions in our world, but I will base those on things actually happening and needed and not some imagined violation that maybe could happen, even though I have no evidence that it actually has happened.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:20 am

atanamis wrote:

No, it isn't. This entire thread start to finish is about how poor sad SilverEagle just can't man up in the world and make anything happen. He'll even tell us that he will drive 80 miles each way to go to work, and that his wife drives 22 miles, but somehow driving their kids to a private school just isn't a priority for them. Kids are important enough to whine about how he can't trust government welfare to raise them, but not enough to actually get off his butt and be a parent.
Lack of interest in being a parent? How the fuck dare you asshole! You have no idea how much I do with and for my kids. I talk to my kids and I teach them stuff that they will never learn in school. Disney propaganda is social engineering and that is all I'm bitching about. You are not a parent and I doubt you ever will be unless you rape, which from the context of your posts I would not put it past you. What woman would ever want a piece of shit like you? I bet that I pay more in taxes a year than you even fucking make in a year living in your mothers basement. You are nothing more than a troll and if I ever cross you in real life and if by the grace of God I know who you are I will curb stomp you ass you piece of useless shit. But since I'm sure I will never see you in real life I can just hope for you to die a slow miserable death alone! I'm done replying to you.

atanamis

Post by atanamis » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:41 am

SilverEagle wrote:You are not a parent and I doubt you ever will be unless you rape, which from the context of your posts I would not put it past you. What woman would ever want a piece of shit like you? I bet that I pay more in taxes a year than you even fucking make in a year living in your mothers basement. You are nothing more than a troll and if I ever cross you in real life and if by the grace of God I know who you are I will curb stomp you ass you piece of useless shit. But since I'm sure I will never see you in real life I can just hope for you to die a slow miserable death alone! I'm done replying to you.
Yup, definitely an A+ parent. That said, not having to see your shitty responses anymore will by a true gift. Sadly, I doubt you have the integrity to honor your word. It is all part of the lack of any moral character you have demonstrated this far, and the pathetic example of manhood your children have to look up to. I'm sure being the kind of person who lightly throws around rape references and threats of violence makes you a great role model. I just hope you curb your violent temper around your wife and kids more than you do around here.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:12 pm

Someone just earn foe status for being a troll.
:orcs-buttshake: