Disney's Beauty and the Beast gay controversy

Mercury

Re: Disney's Beauty and the Beast gay controversy

Post by Mercury » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Disney is already shit anyway. They only compete by gobbling up better animation outlets. But they can't gobble up all the indie stuff out there.

Check this film promo out:

Every single frame is an oil painting. We get precious few films like this, and endless supplies of marxist gobbledygook pumped out by Hollywood and Disney.

That used to be Disney, though. Disney used to be the guys who put out amazing and cutting-edge art. Not anymore.
They did create the MCU...
They bought the MCU. It started with the release of Iron-Man, a year before the purchase of Marvel.
With sad countenance and downcast eyes, Aeneas wends his way, quitting the cavern, and ponders in his mind the dark issues.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:08 pm

Mercury wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Disney is already shit anyway. They only compete by gobbling up better animation outlets. But they can't gobble up all the indie stuff out there.

Every single frame is an oil painting. We get precious few films like this, and endless supplies of marxist gobbledygook pumped out by Hollywood and Disney.

That used to be Disney, though. Disney used to be the guys who put out amazing and cutting-edge art. Not anymore.
They did create the MCU...
They bought the MCU. It started with the release of Iron-Man, a year before the purchase of Marvel.
It's still theirs and is raking in money. And they had to build the was majority of it.

Dand

Post by Dand » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Disney bought Marvel in 2009, they simply aren't responsible for most of what Marvel has done.

Mercury

Post by Mercury » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Right. The films, up to at least Avengers I, were already in development before the acquisition. And besides, Disney didn't create any of the characters or most of the story-lines.

In the comics even, the characters are all old or are derivative of older characters. Disney hasn't really created anything, as far as Marvel is concerned.
With sad countenance and downcast eyes, Aeneas wends his way, quitting the cavern, and ponders in his mind the dark issues.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:26 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Frozen is great though. Would let my boy watch.

+1
:clap: :clap: :clap:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Mercury wrote:Right. The films, up to at least Avengers I, were already in development before the acquisition. And besides, Disney didn't create any of the characters or most of the story-lines.

In the comics even, the characters are all old or are derivative of older characters. Disney hasn't really created anything, as far as Marvel is concerned.
You think GOTG is easy to sell or Dr. Strange?

Mercury

Post by Mercury » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:44 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Mercury wrote:Right. The films, up to at least Avengers I, were already in development before the acquisition. And besides, Disney didn't create any of the characters or most of the story-lines.

You think GOTG is easy to sell or Dr. Strange?
Yeah, I think they were very easy to sell because they say "Marvel" on them. Before the MCU began with Iron-Man, Marvel properties were already established as successful film subjects: X-men, Spider-Man, Blade, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Hulk, Punisher, Fantastic Four (some of these movies were crap, but they made money). The success of these projects paved the way for the MCU: Iron-Man, Cap, Thor, etc. still before Disney's acquisition.

Disney bought a slam-dunk cash-cow. To make money, all they have to do is grease the wheels for any Marvel-to-film venture, which is what they've done (and they are good at that).

katarn

Post by katarn » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Just saw the film. I can't honestly say that the controversy is well founded... that LeFou character's only real homosexual moment was about two seconds in a ballroom in a pan shot. Any other spot in the film he seemed just the hopelessly sycophantic follower, not the actually-in-love gay guy.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Looks pretty cool.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

atanamis

Post by atanamis » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:25 am

SilverEagle wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:It's a free country dude. Nobody is forcing you to send your kids to government school!
The nearest private school is 30 miles away. Not really an option.
If you can't afford a private school, both parents work so home schooling is out, or a private school is not available then yes you are FORCED to send your kids to government school at the threat of a gun. Don't play dumb Nuke. Oh an no it's NOT a free country Nuke. You damn well know that.
And now you're too poor and lazy to raise your kids without government handouts. Why am I not surprised that a Millennial wannabe parent is too helpless to get by without government welfare? Interesting how people who suckle on the public teat are always the most whiny about how they aren't being given enough stuff for free. People make decisions about what is important to them in life, and adults then accept the consequences. Man-child types like you do so and then whine that the world isn't fixing all their problems for them. I miss the times when men were men and took responsibility for their decisions and their lives. Unfortunately now all we get are pansy MRA types who get all weepy that the world isn't handed to them on a platter. It is sad when a rage-feminist goes off on how hard life is, but when a mad does it one just feels disgusted. Is that unfair to you poor MRA types who just want to be coddled like a stereotypical woman? Maybe a little, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for sniveling weasels.