Can we talk about Hamilton the Musical?

Ex-California

Can we talk about Hamilton the Musical?

Post by Ex-California » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:35 am

I'm just baffled by the phenomenon.

Maybe its because I actually know who Alexander Hamilton was compared to the average American that possesses exactly zero historical knowledge but this guy is not someone who should be revered like he is, and especially not turned into some hip hop musical.

I think this description from the schedule at the Hollywood Pantages Theatre explains it all
HAMILTON is the story of America's Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, an immigrant from the West Indies who became George Washington's right-hand man during the Revolutionary War and was the new nation’s first Treasury Secretary. Featuring a score that blends hip-hop, jazz, blues, rap, R&B, and Broadway, HAMILTON is the story of America then, as told by America now.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Re: Can we talk about Hamilton the Musical?

Post by Ex-California » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:35 am

Full disclosure: I haven't seen it
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:32 am

I'm thinking it's actually a propaganda piece put up by the banksters. Just doesn't make any sense otherwise. And certainly not to dominate the news and media like it has.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:33 am

The far left likes to rewrite history in the same way that they redefine words and distort language. Truth for them is the narrative itself.

This isn't any different from them believing the republicans were behind slavery and the democrats were for civil rights. They rewrite history pretty much across the board.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:34 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:The far left likes to rewrite history in the same way that they redefine words and distort language. Truth for them is the narrative itself.
Do you have any idea what it's about?

As far as I can tell, it's a 2-hour rap session about how great the central banking system is.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:35 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:The far left likes to rewrite history in the same way that they redefine words and distort language. Truth for them is the narrative itself.

As far as I can tell, it's a 2-hour rap session about how great the central banking system is.

Diversity.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:36 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Sick rap battling.

Dand

Post by Dand » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:38 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I'm thinking it's actually a propaganda piece put up by the banksters. Just doesn't make any sense otherwise. And certainly not to dominate the news and media like it has.
+1
Weird combo of "we wuz foundin fathers and shiet" and "banks and goverment are good, trust us you slaves"

edit: and it's a musical of course for more progressive appeal. I've got friends who listen to it and sing along in the car.
Last edited by Dand on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:40 am

Historians criticized the fuck out of the play, and the far left still thinks it should be celebrated because it supports their narrative.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/201 ... illed.html

You can't make this shit up. Well, unless you are a koolaide-drinking marxist, I guess. Then you can just make up alternate history that you market as "creative nonfiction" and redefine words as you please.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:24 am

Who gives a shit about the casting, you fucking toon?? It's a PROPAGANDA PIECE about CENTRAL BANKING.

This is exactly why they get away with this shit. The herd is ingesting whatever bullshit they're fed, and you're flipping out about black people on stage? Jesus Fuckwit On A Turd, boy, get it together!

Formerly GrumpyCatFace