I'm a homeowner now

boethius

Re: I'm a homeowner now

Post by boethius » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:24 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
SilverEagle wrote: Yeah I agree. All you have to do is watch HGTV. "Hi I'm a professional rock climber and my wife makes crafts. We have a budget of $985k." And this is my wife and I watching at home..... :shock: :shock:
I've noticed this on First Time Flippers, too. Cali and New England houses being renovated by a 20-something idiot with a budget of 500k. Absolutely ridiculous.
I remember talking to a really rich guy (worth $100 million+) about the tech stock market bubble in 1999. He said he knew the market was a bubble when his tennis pro was giving him stock market advice...and the tennis pro's returns were better than HIS!

These fucking millennials with million dollar budgets who I wouldn't trust to pick out the options on a Corolla.
Still got my foreskin thanks for asking. - Montegriffo.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:39 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
It's surrounding by other farms and woods. Plus I would build food plots for the deer. Clover fields mainly. We have land we hunt on, with permission, and built some nice food plots. We starting to get big bucks in our area due to that but along with that came assholes hunting across the creek from us. The reason they are assholes is because they starting sneaking on our food plots stealing trail cameras and stealing ladder stands. Even with hidden cameras it was pointless because they kept their faces covered. The last straw was on opening day of gun season in 2015. They bent up my best ladder stand so right before the evening hunt my buddy and I parked right at the end of our food plot, 100 yrds from were those assholes were hunting and fired off about 300+ rounds of 5.56 from my AR-15. Blowing up cans and shit. Redneck justice!
LOL nice. How did you achieve an 'evening hunt' though, after scaring all the wildlife off?
Lol that was the point. We scared any bucks away from that area for gun season. The "evening hunt" is just the time of day people set up for the evening deer movement. We hunting on my buddies uncle farm the rest of that week. He got a nice 8 point buck. I took a second doe at the end of gun season, I bagged a doe before that in early bow season.
Beware, dont give dirty dick too much info he wants to take your AR. It's a "crowd killer."

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:00 pm

clubgop wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
LOL nice. How did you achieve an 'evening hunt' though, after scaring all the wildlife off?
Lol that was the point. We scared any bucks away from that area for gun season. The "evening hunt" is just the time of day people set up for the evening deer movement. We hunting on my buddies uncle farm the rest of that week. He got a nice 8 point buck. I took a second doe at the end of gun season, I bagged a doe before that in early bow season.
Beware, dont give dirty dick too much info he wants to take your AR. It's a "crowd killer."
Probably best if you stick to threads that you're qualified to have an opinion about, like "How I Didn't Kill Myself Today"
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:04 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
Probably best if you stick to threads that you're qualified to have an opinion about, like "How I Didn't Kill Myself Today"
If we all followed that advice you wouldn't post in the Mess, any gun thread, or any thread on legal issues Mr. court summons= entrapment.. Hell you'd be relegated to the VD thread, dirty dick.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:09 pm

economics too
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:11 pm

Hopefully Calexit won't happen where you basically get Mugabe'd out of your house by the Mexicans.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:30 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:economics too
on the cost of antibiotics?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Hopefully Calexit won't happen where you basically get Mugabe'd out of your house by the Mexicans.
:lol:

Verb: Mugabe'd

I may steal that.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:27 am

SilverEagle wrote:
California wrote:Its only a 1800 sq ft 3 bedroom townhouse for a price that would buy me a 2500 sq ft house on 60 acres in the part of CA where my dad grew up (think Oroville Dam) but at least its something. Also its brand new with a 10 year warranty so its not going to be a money pit.

However, being intimately familiar with what the prices are doing after shopping for the last year and knowing the income level it took to get this place I'm hoping we don't have another 2008 coming soon.

Oh and btw. It was the local regulator from the City that has caused delays in us moving in. I don't know what the answer is because we NEED regulations for the safety of the citizenry but when most of the people tasked with doing them are dickbags like this asshole I don't know what the answer is
Congrats. Question .....how much did it cost you? I'm just curious because our house is 1,700 sq on 2.5 acres in Ohio and we paid $90,000 in 2011. The house was built in 2005. Reason I ask is because my wife watches HGTV and Cali homes are crazy expensive. I don't know how people afford it.
$630k :idea:
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:30 am

Haumana wrote:
California wrote:Its only a 1800 sq ft 3 bedroom townhouse for a price that would buy me a 2500 sq ft house on 60 acres in the part of CA where my dad grew up (think Oroville Dam) but at least its something. Also its brand new with a 10 year warranty so its not going to be a money pit.

However, being intimately familiar with what the prices are doing after shopping for the last year and knowing the income level it took to get this place I'm hoping we don't have another 2008 coming soon.

Oh and btw. It was the local regulator from the City that has caused delays in us moving in. I don't know what the answer is because we NEED regulations for the safety of the citizenry but when most of the people tasked with doing them are dickbags like this asshole I don't know what the answer is

I live in a 1150 sf 2 bed 1 bath starter home one block off the 101 and two houses on my street sold for 1.2 million here on the peninsula. California is just nutty. My extended family has no idea that I pay more in property taxes than they do in mortgage. Big Island can't get here soon enough. Fuck this place. I am outtie.
Yeah I look at Big Island prices and I'm like WTF am I doing here. Unfortunately in my industry I'd be doing a lot of flying back and forth unless I find something completely new to do.

Also, I don't know how well two blonde haole kids would do there
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session