I'm a homeowner now

C-Mag

Re: I'm a homeowner now

Post by C-Mag » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:40 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
Well.....in a collapse I'm not sure this is even a good short term solution because every hillbilly will be out in the woods thinking the very same thing. Hell some of them might be in it for profit. Now if you're saying to stock up before TSHTF, then that would work. Hell I still have some meet in my deep freeze from one of my deer from 2015.

Yeah, look at the hunting success rates right now.
My wild ass guess is that only 50% of hunters are successful now when hunting for Deer and smaller game. Probably 15% for game larger than deer.

If you need to subsist on hunting in a SHTF situation, good luck, it's going to go fast. I think you are right on the mark with woodsman quickly finding a way to make wild game marketable.

Do we need a prepper thread ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:46 pm

C-Mag wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
Well.....in a collapse I'm not sure this is even a good short term solution because every hillbilly will be out in the woods thinking the very same thing. Hell some of them might be in it for profit. Now if you're saying to stock up before TSHTF, then that would work. Hell I still have some meet in my deep freeze from one of my deer from 2015.

My wild ass guess is that only 50% of hunters are successful now when hunting for Deer and smaller game. Probably 15% for game larger than deer.

If you need to subsist on hunting in a SHTF situation, good luck, it's going to go fast. I think you are right on the mark with woodsman quickly finding a way to make wild game marketable.

Yep I think we do. But you need to start it.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:49 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:

No, you.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

No, you.
Why me DSL? AKA StA

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:06 pm

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:09 am

California wrote:Its only a 1800 sq ft 3 bedroom townhouse for a price that would buy me a 2500 sq ft house on 60 acres in the part of CA where my dad grew up (think Oroville Dam) but at least its something. Also its brand new with a 10 year warranty so its not going to be a money pit.

However, being intimately familiar with what the prices are doing after shopping for the last year and knowing the income level it took to get this place I'm hoping we don't have another 2008 coming soon.

Oh and btw. It was the local regulator from the City that has caused delays in us moving in. I don't know what the answer is because we NEED regulations for the safety of the citizenry but when most of the people tasked with doing them are dickbags like this asshole I don't know what the answer is

I live in a 1150 sf 2 bed 1 bath starter home one block off the 101 and two houses on my street sold for 1.2 million here on the peninsula. California is just nutty. My extended family has no idea that I pay more in property taxes than they do in mortgage. Big Island can't get here soon enough. Fuck this place. I am outtie.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:50 am

Haumana wrote:
California wrote:Its only a 1800 sq ft 3 bedroom townhouse for a price that would buy me a 2500 sq ft house on 60 acres in the part of CA where my dad grew up (think Oroville Dam) but at least its something. Also its brand new with a 10 year warranty so its not going to be a money pit.

However, being intimately familiar with what the prices are doing after shopping for the last year and knowing the income level it took to get this place I'm hoping we don't have another 2008 coming soon.

Oh and btw. It was the local regulator from the City that has caused delays in us moving in. I don't know what the answer is because we NEED regulations for the safety of the citizenry but when most of the people tasked with doing them are dickbags like this asshole I don't know what the answer is

I live in a 1150 sf 2 bed 1 bath starter home one block off the 101 and two houses on my street sold for 1.2 million here on the peninsula. California is just nutty. My extended family has no idea that I pay more in property taxes than they do in mortgage. Big Island can't get here soon enough. Fuck this place. I am outtie.
:o

Man I am getting back into put options, and soon. Sounds like another delicious real estate bubble to me.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:00 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Haumana wrote:

Man I am getting back into put options, and soon. Sounds like another delicious real estate bubble to me.
Yeah I agree. All you have to do is watch HGTV. "Hi I'm a professional rock climber and my wife makes crafts. We have a budget of $985k." And this is my wife and I watching at home..... :shock: :shock:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:06 am

SilverEagle wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Haumana wrote:

Yeah I agree. All you have to do is watch HGTV. "Hi I'm a professional rock climber and my wife makes crafts. We have a budget of $985k." And this is my wife and I watching at home..... :shock: :shock:
I've noticed this on First Time Flippers, too. Cali and New England houses being renovated by a 20-something idiot with a budget of 500k. Absolutely ridiculous.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:13 am

deleted
Last edited by apeman on Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.