How's the forum doing? Check-up.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: How's the forum doing? Check-up.

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Dand wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Dand wrote: The meme "Fake News" was created by leftists on November 9, 2016. The right hardly has a monopoly on the term.
If I remember the context right, addressing "Fake News" started by pointing out that there were articles that were intentional fabrications being presented as reliable by copying the formatting of news outlets. This wan't really meme-ified until the term Fake News was pealed off from that meaning and started being used as a blanket criticism of an entire media outlet.

These are very different uses of the term.
It was a meme from day 1. There literally is a conspiracy between media outlets and many papers ran coordinated stories with the term "fake news" on the same day.

Trump jiu jitsu'd the meme and turned it against them.
That is a way to interpret what happened.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:44 pm

StCapps wrote:Making a counter argument isn't a predictable shut down mechanism. Some people around here just get too easily discouraged when someone or some group doesn't agree with them. I see no actual attempts at shutting down discussion around here aside from some people on both sides fronting like the other side is trying to shut down rational discussion, and then using that as an excuse to personally stop discussing the topic with them as a "waste of their time".

It's all in your heads.
/shrugs
Intentionally shutting down discussion? No, I don't see that happening either. I do see certain, very predictable ruts to the way a discussion develops.

Of course it is all in our heads... and it isn't in your head, but that does not let us know anything interesting about reality... just the content of different heads.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:49 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Intentionally shutting down discussion? No, I don't see that happening either. I do see certain, very predictable ruts to the way a discussion develops.

Of course it is all in our heads... and it isn't in your head, but that does not let us know anything interesting about reality... just the content of different heads.
It lets one know that there is a more productive head space that one can occupy, other than seeing the other side as trying to shut down the convo at every turn. So those who are in that negative headspace of scapegoating the other side in this manner would be better served by not seeing boogeymen under every rock, especially when that boogeyman very well might not actually exist, at least on this forum. Those pointing fingers would be wise to stop and start looking in the mirror before pointing at others as the problem.

Taking my above recommendations will go farther when it comes to increasing rational discussion around here than finger pointing and scapegoating ever will. Bet that.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:54 pm

StCapps wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Intentionally shutting down discussion? No, I don't see that happening either. I do see certain, very predictable ruts to the way a discussion develops.

It let's one know that there is more productive head space than seeing the other side as trying to shut down the convo at every turn. So those who are in that headspace of scapegoating the other side would be better served by not seeing boogeymen where they very well might not actually exist, at least on this forum.
Famous last words from someone who is about to get shanghaied by a damn boogeyman!
HAIL!

-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:55 pm

Pretty sure you'd be making capp's fantasies come true there.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:56 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Famous last words from someone who is about to get shanghaied by a damn boogeyman!
Civil war is right around the corner. Haven't you heard? John Titor says so.

:P
*yip*

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:57 pm

:lol: :lol:

:clap:
HAIL!

-Hwen

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:04 pm

Dand wrote:
If I remember the context right, addressing "Fake News" started by pointing out that there were articles that were intentional fabrications being presented as reliable by copying the formatting of news outlets. This wan't really meme-ified until the term Fake News was pealed off from that meaning and started being used as a blanket criticism of an entire media outlet.

These are very different uses of the term.
It was a meme from day 1. There literally is a conspiracy between media outlets and many papers ran coordinated stories with the term "fake news" on the same day.

Trump jiu jitsu'd the meme and turned it against them.
That is a way to interpret what happened.
What's the other way?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:04 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Pretty sure you'd be making capp's fantasies come true there.

StCapps - Khabib Nurmagomedov
John Titor - MIchael Johnson
Speaker to Animals - "your boy"
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:06 pm

Leave me out of your weird submission fantasies unless you are really Ronda Rousey.