Samurai Jack is back on the 11th!

SilverEagle

Re: Samurai Jack is back on the 11th!

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:05 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:

Samurai Jack is from our time.
Okay I looked up Samurai Jack. Started in Aug of 2001. I was 22 at the time so nope not in my "time". Unless it was South Park, I stopped watching cartoons before I was 15.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:06 pm

SilverEagle wrote:

Okay I looked up Samurai Jack. Started in Aug of 2001. I was 22 at the time so nope not in my "time". Unless it was South Park, I stopped watching cartoons before I was 15.

I don't mean time as in child. I mean time when you were in your twenties and likely to watch this sort of thing.

The target audience for Samurai Jack was men in their twenties.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:17 pm

SilverEagle wrote:

Adult Swim is when it was on, which started when most "kids" went to bed... that meant that most people that saw it was between the ages of 18 to 30...
#NotOneRedCent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:34 pm

The Conservative wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:

Adult Swim is when it was on, which started when most "kids" went to bed... that meant that most people that saw it was between the ages of 18 to 30...
Oh well that explains a lot. I was in College, working a 3-11 shift, being a gym rat, and in my spare time drinking and banging my college girlfriend. I had no time for silly cartoons.
:character-beavisbutthead:
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:39 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
Oh well that explains a lot. I was in College, working a 3-11 shift, being a gym rat, and in my spare time drinking and banging my college girlfriend. I had no time for silly cartoons.
I was in the military, working much longer shifts, and watching this with my gf in between banging her.

I admit, the later seasons I didn't watch because I accidently married a crazy woman and was in graduate school, etc.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:44 am

SilverEagle wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
There is always time for cartoons. If you can make room for games, you have room for cartoons.

Also, I was working double shifts night and morning, so don't tell me you didn't have time... if I did, you did... and I didn't just have a girlfriend at the time, I had several... so please, lets be real, you just didn't know about it, so instead of saying that, you tried to be macho against people who really are.

I was working as a bouncer, and as a UPS grunt, so just suck it up and say that you just didn't know about it. :P
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:49 am

Some people are desperate to blame life circumstances for their becoming another Al Bundy.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:14 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Some people are desperate to blame life circumstances for their becoming another Al Bundy.
This Al Bundy? Image
#NotOneRedCent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:52 am

I was 11 when this show first came out. 8-)

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:58 am

Xenophon wrote:I was 11 when this show first came out. 8-)
Yeah, I was 27... we will just leave it at that...
#NotOneRedCent