The Fucking Thatcher Thread

StCapps

Re: The Fucking Thatcher Thread

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:24 am

DBTrek wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
It's hard to say when you are dealing with a genius like Trump.
It’s not hard for Capps to say.
He’ll say all day long if you let him.
:|
Treat him like a salesman, not an ideologue, it ain't rocket surgery.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:56 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote: The left has never defended classical liberalism, quite the opposite, the left was born in an apple cart, in Paris, 1789, there's nothing lassez faire about the Commune, not then, not now neither, the right was always with the landowners, indeed, but the landowners, be that in the British Empire or America, were in fact the liberals.

Margaret Thatcher is the dictionary definition of a classical liberal, the lefties who oppose her, are fuckin' communists, I mean, hell-o, anybody in there, earth to ivory tower, come in, over. <knock-knock>
Well that's actually what I was getting at there wasn't I.
Liberal seems to be neither the exclusive domain of either the left or the right.
The French Revolution and the Communist revolution were both distinctively illiberal!
As were other Right Wing crackdowns, revolutions or counterrevolutions. Franco, Mussolini, Pinochet... not liberals.

Liberalism is a free agent, it does not intervene in either direction.
Either side may claim it as it's own and both sides tend to give it lip service.

And you may say that the right is more liberal than the left in the US... and maybe it has been.
The SJWs are certainly interventionists for their moral code.
I'm not sure Trump is steering the ship in the direction of liberalism...
Sometimes he seems to be... sometimes he seems not to be.
Except, all the left does now is attack classical liberalism, hysterically, so it's not equal, it's not that everyone on the right defends classical liberalism, but the only ones who do are on the right, there's nobody on the left for classical liberalism at all, the screeching left is all just for ascending gradations of communism, from Communism-Lite to full on Che Guevera-ville.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:30 am

Smitty-48 wrote: Except, all the left does now is attack classical liberalism, hysterically, so it's not equal, it's not that everyone on the right defends classical liberalism, but the only ones who do are on the right, there's nobody on the left for classical liberalism at all, the screeching left is all just for ascending gradations of communism, from Communism-Lite to full on Che Guevera-ville.
Truth...

The adherents of Gaia no longer feel a need to fight for liberty. But they take it for granted at their peril... and their machinations are contrary to liberty.

The adherents of Mercury were the ones going to bat for liberty in the last decades. Liberty facilitates trade and trade benefits all.
This the Mercurians have right.

The Gaians continue to fret over the downtrodden... which in many ways backfires on the downtrodden themselves.

But liberty on it's own is a solvent... Something needs to pull the threads of cooperation on the social fabric...

The problem is the Gaians haven't figured this out. Bureaucracy is terrible at keeping filling in for social cohesion... the institutions of the state are alienating and disempowering.

So MAGA has risen. Promising a national zeal... to bring us together under a patriotic vision of a New America reborn... free of the sullying influence of the unwanted migrants.

So, I conclude, neither left nor right have the ultimate solution to the challenges of our age.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:53 am

DrYouth wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote: Except, all the left does now is attack classical liberalism, hysterically, so it's not equal, it's not that everyone on the right defends classical liberalism, but the only ones who do are on the right, there's nobody on the left for classical liberalism at all, the screeching left is all just for ascending gradations of communism, from Communism-Lite to full on Che Guevera-ville.
Truth...

The adherents of Gaia no longer feel a need to fight for liberty. But they take it for granted at their peril... and their machinations are contrary to liberty.

The adherents of Mercury were the ones going to bat for liberty in the last decades. Liberty facilitates trade and trade benefits all.
This the Mercurians have right.

The Gaians continue to fret over the downtrodden... which in many ways backfires on the downtrodden themselves.

But liberty on it's own is a solvent... Something needs to pull the threads of cooperation on the social fabric...

The problem is the Gaians haven't figured this out. Bureaucracy is terrible at keeping filling in for social cohesion... the institutions of the state are alienating and disempowering.

So MAGA has risen. Promising a national zeal... to bring us together under a patriotic vision of a New America reborn... free of the sullying influence of the unwanted migrants.

So, I conclude, neither left nor right have the ultimate solution to the challenges of our age.
I just wanna see some lefties chucked out of the helicopters.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:55 am

The multicult has to die in the inevitable sectarian conflict it spawns. Then we can start talking about solutions (if we survive it).

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:31 pm

free of the sullying influence of the unwanted migrants
Literally nothing wrong with that

My Borders My Choice

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:33 pm

I mean.. come on. BPS said it well when he said the 'diversity walls' are a constant reminder that multiculturalism is a fucking failure.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I mean.. come on. BPS said it well when he said the 'diversity walls' are a constant reminder that multiculturalism is a fucking failure.

The wife and I were just talking about how we wished we could jump in the car and go hit a Christmas market in some little castle down the road. You can't go back.

History book from the future,

Centuries of fighting led to the final conquest of the last Caliphate by Christendom, but no sooner than the victory had been celebrated, those spineless eurocucks surrendered to the sumbitches and invited them in to pillage, rape, and murder.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I mean.. come on. BPS said it well when he said the 'diversity walls' are a constant reminder that multiculturalism is a fucking failure.

The wife and I were just talking about how we wished we could jump in the car and go hit a Christmas market in some little castle down the road. You can't go back.

Centuries of fighting led to the final conquest of the last Caliphate by Christendom, but no sooner than the victory had been celebrated, those spineless eurocucks surrendered to the sumbitches and invited them in to pillage, rape, and murder.

So say we all.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:02 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

So say we all.
I had a damned awesome time attending a good half-dozen Christmas Markets in Germany and Belgium in December 1998. Nowadays, if you pointed a gun at me and said I had to attend a single EU Christmas Market, I would take a chance on Malta.