The Fucking Thatcher Thread

DBTrek

Re: The Fucking Thatcher Thread

Post by DBTrek » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:19 pm

Yeah, then I agree that theocracies still operating like we’re in medieval times suck.

They don’t suck to the tune of 20million dead or anything, but I definitely would flee from them if I were living there.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:51 pm

DrYouth wrote: Laissez faire economics and protection of individual liberties are not by definition traits of the right.
In fact these are traits of the Liberal West... literally liberal values.... coming from the same root word as liberty.

Right wing government prop up the ruling class.
Traditionally the large landholders, the nobility, the church when it was important.
Right wing governments can be every bit as intrusive, repressive, paranoid and indoctrinary as any left wing government.
The left has never defended classical liberalism, quite the opposite, the left was born in an apple cart, in Paris, 1789, there's nothing lassez faire about the Commune, not then, not now neither, the right was always with the landowners, indeed, but the landowners, be that in the British Empire or America, were in fact the liberals.

Margaret Thatcher is the dictionary definition of a classical liberal, the lefties who oppose her, are fuckin' communists, I mean, hell-o, anybody in there, earth to ivory tower, come in, over. <knock-knock>
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:10 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
DrYouth wrote: Laissez faire economics and protection of individual liberties are not by definition traits of the right.
In fact these are traits of the Liberal West... literally liberal values.... coming from the same root word as liberty.

Right wing government prop up the ruling class.
Traditionally the large landholders, the nobility, the church when it was important.
Right wing governments can be every bit as intrusive, repressive, paranoid and indoctrinary as any left wing government.
The left has never defended classical liberalism, quite the opposite, the left was born in an apple cart, in Paris, 1789, there's nothing lassez faire about the Commune, not then, not now neither, the right was always with the landowners, indeed, but the landowners, be that in the British Empire or America, were in fact the liberals.

Margaret Thatcher is the dictionary definition of a classical liberal, the lefties who oppose her, are fuckin' communists, I mean, hell-o, anybody in there, earth to ivory tower, come in, over. <knock-knock>
The left made its suicide pact, its blood oath, just before it wound up being "left" because of the seating arrangements at the Assemblée nationale.

"left-right" is lazy, indeed. Slothful, even, to use the parlance of the day.

What created the "left?"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Yeah, well, Margaret Hilda Thatcher was a Methodist lay preacher; hardly the church of the aristocracy.

"No faith is only a faith for Sundays" ~ Margaret Thatcher.

Thatcher was a liberal who got right with God too, just another reason why the commies hate her.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:27 pm

Maggie would have cooled some jets on the tennis court, given the chance.

Preference-cascade, mob-mentality, whatever it was, those pre-Jacobins sure shot their collective wad on the tennis court like a bottle-rocket.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:30 pm

The Thatcher revolution was a liberal revolution, against the Bolsheviks, be they in Moscow or be they in London, no matter.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:26 am

Smitty-48 wrote: The left has never defended classical liberalism, quite the opposite, the left was born in an apple cart, in Paris, 1789, there's nothing lassez faire about the Commune, not then, not now neither, the right was always with the landowners, indeed, but the landowners, be that in the British Empire or America, were in fact the liberals.

Well that's actually what I was getting at there wasn't I.
Liberal seems to be neither the exclusive domain of either the left or the right.
The French Revolution and the Communist revolution were both distinctively illiberal!
As were other Right Wing crackdowns, revolutions or counterrevolutions. Franco, Mussolini, Pinochet... not liberals.

Liberalism is a free agent, it does not intervene in either direction.
Either side may claim it as it's own and both sides tend to give it lip service.

And you may say that the right is more liberal than the left in the US... and maybe it has been.
The SJWs are certainly interventionists for their moral code.
I'm not sure Trump is steering the ship in the direction of liberalism...
Sometimes he seems to be... sometimes he seems not to be.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:03 am

Trump is a New York Liberal who hijacked the Republican Party, quit being fooled by jingly keys signaling counter indications. All that is just political theater to cover up that fact to his base who believe he's more extreme Republican they would ever dare to be, just because he makes a few outrageous opening offers that they emotionally agree with.
/shrugs
*yip*

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:13 am

StCapps wrote:Trump is a New York Liberal who hijacked the Republican Party, quit being fooled by jingly keys signaling counter indications. All that is just political theater to cover up that fact to his base who believe he's more extreme Republican they would ever dare to be, just because he makes a few outrageous opening offers that they emotionally agree with.
/shrugs
Maybe he is Cappy...

Hard to see through his Mastermind 5D chess skills tho...

Maybe he wants us to think that he isn't a Liberal.... Or maybe he just wants us to think he is... or maybe he wants us to think that he wants us to think that he is...

It's hard to say when you are dealing with a genius like Trump.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:18 am

DrYouth wrote:
It's hard to say when you are dealing with a genius like Trump.
It’s not hard for Capps to say.
He’ll say all day long if you let him.
:|
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"