Literal Odds and Ends

StCapps

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by StCapps » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:39 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:35 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:27 pm
Well tmrw is another day. You know what he asked me? He asked if I was faithful to my work." I said yes sir". At least I think I am, I bust my ass. Still, I was thinking about it later and realized I have a lot of room for improvement. I think suffer from that complex where I consider myself competent when I'm not really. I always hated criticism.

I think ol flip got you wrong smitts. You are perhaps the wisest person I have ever met. In nearly all interactions I have had with you I come away impressed.

You want to know something else? During the homily the priest said before you ever had a friend he didn't exist. It takea interaction and communication to make a friend. The same is with God. I feel like you are my friend however
Flip and me were just internet adversaries, to trolls go to war, I'm sure we would have been fine face to face.

I don't know why, but I just like you, kid, you're an interesting guy, I like talking to you.

I feel like I can talk about anything with you, I'm at ease with you, I feel an affinity for you, like you are kin to me.
Anyone who says Nukedog isn't an interesting guy is just lying to themselves. You really can talk to him about pretty much anything, he doesn't filter what he says to make people like him, it's refreshing.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:43 pm

StCapps wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:39 pm
Anyone who says Nukedog isn't an interesting guy is just lying to themselves. You really can talk to him about pretty much anything, he doesn't filter what he says to make people like him, it's refreshing.
It's kind of like talking to my father in a strange sort of way

Nuke is kind of like my father, although much more reycist, my father was still somewhat reycist, just not as extreme about it,

But my father, in confidence behind close doors, was kind of Nuke like, there was no taboos with my dad, he liked to stir the pot.

My father would have liked Nuke too, they would have hit it off.

Maybe that's what it is, my father is inside me now, that's the only place he exists in this world.

There's me, and then all that is left of him inside with me here.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:55 pm

Nukedog is about as reycist as my Italian born Grandma, I'm used to it, good for lulz. She even has a little fascist streak in her, Nukedog reminds me of her.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:59 pm

StCapps wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:55 pm
Nukedog is about as reycist as my Italian born Grandma, I'm used to it, good for lulz. She even has a little fascist streak in her, Nukedog reminds me of her.
He's not even as reycist as my American grandmother. She was a virulent reycist and made no bones about it and wouldn't even understand why somebody would have a problem with it.

She was an alcoholic, a functioning one for the most part, but she would start drinking martinis after breakfast and by afternoon she'd be all liquored up and going off on reycist rants,

At the time, as a kid, I knew it was inappropriate in polite company, but she was still hilarious.

Not to my father, she was abusive to him, so they had beef, but as the grandson I was the golden boy so she spoiled me.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:04 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:59 pm
StCapps wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:55 pm
He's not even as reycist as my American grandmother. She was a virulent reycist and made no bones about it and wouldn't even understand why somebody would have a problem with it.

She was an alcoholic, a functioning one for the most part, but she would start drinking martinis after breakfast and by afternoon she'd be all liquored up and going off on reycist rants,

At the time, as a kid, I knew it was inappropriate in polite company, but she was still hilarious.

Not to my father, she was abusive to him, so they had beef, but as the grandson I was the golden boy so she spoiled me.
Hilarious Grandmother Reycist Rants FTW. It's certainly inappropriate in polite company, but that shit cracks me up.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:08 am

StCapps wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:04 am
Hilarious Grandmother Reycist Rants FTW. It's certainly inappropriate in polite company, but that shit cracks me up.
The funny thing was that she was a basketball fan, she's a reycist who was into the NBA.

So she would watch every NBA game that was on, going off on rants like;

"Oh, Ronnie, why do these Jigaboos have to go up and down doing the slam dunk? I hate the slam dunk, Ronnie, it's ruining basketball!"

Ronnie being my father, who she addressed most of her sports rants too.

I can hear my dad laughing in my head right now and saying "crazy old bat!" :lol:
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:11 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:08 am
StCapps wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:04 am
The funny thing was that she was a basketball fan, she's a reycist who was into the NBA.

So she would watch every NBA game that was on, going off on rants like;

"Oh, Ronnie, why do these Jigaboos have to go up and down doing the slam dunk? I hate the slam dunk, Ronnie, it's ruining basketball!"

Ronnie being my father, who she addressed most of her sports rants too.
A reycist that is into Monkey Ball, gotta love that irony.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:15 am

StCapps wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:11 am
She grew up in the Depression, pretty sure all sports were segregated when she got into them.

Black people playing basketball was weird to her.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:17 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:15 am
StCapps wrote:
She grew up in the Depression, pretty sure all sports were segregated when she got into them.

Indeed. Back then, it wasn't Monkey Ball yet.

Segregated sports is just lame, glad we've moved past that long ago. Turns out winning is more important than racism, who knew?
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:21 am

StCapps wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:17 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:15 am
StCapps wrote:

Indeed. Back then, it wasn't Monkey Ball yet.
The bizarre contradictions of the reycism back then.

For example she opposed Jim Crow, she didn't think there should be laws which oppressed black people.

At the same time she didn't want them living on her street nor even working at her country club.

Basically informal and private reycism okay, public reycism not okay.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent