Literal Odds and Ends

Smitty-48

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:04 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:26 pm
Went to Church today. Did my second confession ever. I really like my parish I want to continue to go to Church more and learn how to dress smartly. I like the ritual, I like the idea of self improvement, I like nearly everything about it. If you can find a traditional Latin Mass I recommend it.
Any cute chicks there?
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:12 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:04 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Went to Church today. Did my second confession ever. I really like my parish I want to continue to go to Church more and learn how to dress smartly. I like the ritual, I like the idea of self improvement, I like nearly everything about it. If you can find a traditional Latin Mass I recommend it.
Any cute chicks there?
Wouldn't know brother. I don't go there to pick up girls but if you are a young man you could do a lot fucking worse than Church to find you a nice woman and have a ton of kids with her.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:15 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:12 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:04 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Any cute chicks there?
Wouldn't know brother. Not there to pick up girls but if you are a young man you could do a lot fucking worse than Church to find you a nice woman and have a ton of kids with her.
That's what I was thinking.

I was down at the church here, St. Andrew's, feeding the homeless.

I wasn't there to pick up chicks obviously, but I noticed that there were indeed a few very pretty girls there.

Fine young ladies in every respect, cute and classy both.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:24 pm

Wow dude. Didn't expect that or the rest of your response. My respect for you has gone up a lot.

You know, going to confession was good I got a lot of solid advice. Most of it revolved around dedicating my days to God with prayer, some reading of spiritual literature and doing wholesome activities. I want to dedicate my free time towards charity and church.

It's like the way work keeps me out of trouble. My biggest enemy is probably idle time. I either drink my days away or whatever else comes of that degeneracy.

Man. I really am feeling this thing. I understand now why the Church was so important for society. I could go on about the really cool homilies the millennial priest gives but I'll wait to see if anyone is interested.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:27 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:24 pm
Wow dude. Didn't expect that or the rest of your response. My respect for you has gone up a lot.
It's a harsh realm being on the street, it's the least I can do, I like to talk to the church folk too, they're good people, interesting people, they're not into the mass media, they have independent views and critical thoughts
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:35 pm

Down at the church, there is no right, no left, no partisan hackery, no culture war.

It's refreshing. Liberating, It's like going back in time,

These people are very conservative, but not in a political way.

The homeless guys I like to talk to as well.

I try to buck them up, like they are troops, because they are in that sort of situation, living in the field.

I was an infantryman, I know their pain.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:42 pm

We have a priest that is an old timer helicopter mechaniç during some war or another. I think he was the one I did confession with. It's clear he's looking for quality and brevity. I don't know if it makes sense but I don't really know my asshole from my elbow when it comes to the rituals so I just yessir nossir'd him for the most part. He is boilerplate brasstax kind of dude. The millennial preacher though is fuggin based. He's my kind of guy. I'm not worthy to shake either one of their hands tbh.

I had a dream where my skin was all sun burnt off but I was happy about it. Proud even. The kid that showed me to the confession booth must have been younger than my son by a year or two.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:02 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:42 pm
We have a priest that is an old timer helicopter mechaniç during some war or another. I think he was the one I did confession with. It's clear he's looking for quality and brevity. I don't know if it makes sense but I don't really know my asshole from my elbow when it comes to the rituals so I just yessir nossir'd him for the most part. He is boilerplate brasstax kind of dude. The millennial preacher though is fuggin based. He's my kind of guy. I'm not worthy to shake either one of their hands tbh.

I had a dream where my skin was all sun burnt off but I was happy about it. Proud even. The kid that showed me to the confession booth must have been younger than my son by a year or two.
These are Protestants, the Minister wasn't even there, it's a volunteer thing run by the volunteers.

These are country folk, they live on farms, they do their own thing, they run it without a leader.

They're wealthy tho, they own the farms, these are big farms, they're business people, they're actually rich.

They have an air about them, they carry themselves with pride, they're classy, they're noble.

Not arrogant though, very down to earth, but they live clean, disciplined, principled, strict.

The girls there were their daughters, young enough to be my daughters, I was just impressed by them.

Wasn't a sexual thing, although they were beautiful

I was just impressed by how classy they were, how well raised, well bred. Like my wife really.

I had a dream where I was homeless, all alone without my wife, my home, no friends, no place to go.

That's what made me volunteer, it spooked me, but I feel like it was a the Lord in my head.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:27 pm

Well tmrw is another day. You know what he asked me? He asked if I was faithful to my work." I said yes sir". At least I think I am, I bust my ass. Still, I was thinking about it later and realized I have a lot of room for improvement. I think suffer from that complex where I consider myself competent when I'm not really. I always hated criticism.

I think ol flip got you wrong smitts. You are perhaps the wisest person I have ever met. In nearly all interactions I have had with you I come away impressed.

You want to know something else? During the homily the priest said before you ever had a friend he didn't exist. It takea interaction and communication to make a friend. The same is with God. I feel like you are my friend however

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:35 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:27 pm
Well tmrw is another day. You know what he asked me? He asked if I was faithful to my work." I said yes sir". At least I think I am, I bust my ass. Still, I was thinking about it later and realized I have a lot of room for improvement. I think suffer from that complex where I consider myself competent when I'm not really. I always hated criticism.

I think ol flip got you wrong smitts. You are perhaps the wisest person I have ever met. In nearly all interactions I have had with you I come away impressed.

You want to know something else? During the homily the priest said before you ever had a friend he didn't exist. It takea interaction and communication to make a friend. The same is with God. I feel like you are my friend however
Flip and me were just internet adversaries, to trolls go to war, I'm sure we would have been fine face to face.

I don't know why, but I just like you, kid, you're an interesting guy, I like talking to you.

I feel like I can talk about anything with you, I'm at ease with you, I feel an affinity for you, like you are kin to me.
Nec Aspera Terrent