Literal Odds and Ends

TheReal_ND

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu May 02, 2019 6:39 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:36 pm
As if snakes aren't scary enough already...

3-Eyed Snake Found in Australia Surprises Rangers
Rangers found this carpet python near the small Australian town of Humpty Doo.
Credit: Northern Territory Parks and Wildlife Commission

Rangers in Australia could hardly believe their eyes when they came across a wild snake with three functioning peepers on its head.

The snake, a carpet python (Morelia spilota), had a third eye on its forehead. This condition is extremely rare, said David Penning, an assistant professor of biology at Missouri Southern State University, who was not involved with the snake's case.

"Until today, I had not ever seen a snake with three eyes," Penning told Live Science in an email. "I have seen snakes with two heads [and] some odd facial deformities but nothing quite like this."
Rangers with Australia's Northern Territory Parks and Wildlife Commission (NTPWC) found the wild triclops, whom they dubbed Monty, on a highway near Humpty Doo, a small town about 25 miles (40 kilometers) southeast of Darwin, in late March.
https://www.livescience.com/65382-three ... tification

That nigga woke

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu May 02, 2019 6:59 pm

reptilians, bro

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon May 06, 2019 12:54 pm

So, I'm still in France and I had to go into town to buy a new USB keyboard for my laptop (laptop's keyboard is knackered).
It wasn't until I got it home and started using it that I realised the French don't use a qwerty keyboard.
Worse still, it works as a qwerty so I have to look at my old keyboard to work out which key on the French keyboard to press.

I don't know, It's bad enough that they insist on keeping their dead language instead of speaking English, like the rest of the civilised world, without them having their own typewriters and driving on the wrong side of the road as well...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 06, 2019 1:54 pm

They don't even use a standard keyboard?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 06, 2019 1:55 pm

Holy shit what faggots.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon May 06, 2019 2:24 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:54 pm
The annoying thing was the picture on the box was a standard qwerty keyboard so it never occurred to me to check the side of the box where it is marked as ''French''.
Going to have to put stickers on the keys with the wrong letters on them.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 06, 2019 2:25 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:24 pm
Mon May 06, 2019 1:54 pm
The annoying thing was the picture on the box was a standard qwerty keyboard so it never occurred to me to check the side of the box where it is marked as ''French''.
Going to have to put stickers on the keys with the wrong letters on them.
That is so funny. I imagine Frenchmen having to do that with keyboards from literally anywhere else in the western world and cussing in French that everybody else is in the wrong here.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon May 06, 2019 2:35 pm

Mon May 06, 2019 1:55 pm
Holy shit what faggots.

Wouldn't be so bad if it printed an 'A' when I pressed 'A' but it doesn't, I get a 'Q'.
Not so bad on the letters because I kinda know where they are but all the punctuation marks are in the wrong places.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 06, 2019 2:36 pm

LOL

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon May 06, 2019 2:40 pm

Almost as annoying as having an American spellchecker set as standard whenever I buy a new laptop.