Literal Odds and Ends

Montegriffo

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:50 pm

We're only allowed to see in shades of grey here in the Orwellian nightmare that is Great Britain.
People are stockpiling canned food and falafel mix here and you want to know what colour a picture is??
First world problems ya'll got!
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:42 pm

I scored some firewood off the side of the road. Tried bow sawing it into logs but I actually don't have time for that. I have to be out of this place soon. What kind of chain saw should I get? I kind of want to see if I can find a Husqvarna at a pawn shop or is there a better deal? Also, how do I properly chop these into logs? In the yard or what?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:58 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:42 pm

I scored some firewood off the side of the road. Tried bow sawing it into logs but I actually don't have time for that. I have to be out of this place soon. What kind of chain saw should I get? I kind of want to see if I can find a Husqvarna at a pawn shop or is there a better deal? Also, how do I properly chop these into logs? In the yard or what?
Do you want to make logs, or faggots (firewood)?

If the latter, you need it cut into 2-foot sections. If you don’t have a chainsaw, you’ll have to use an axe. Then just get yourself a maul from the hardware store, and hit it like Rocky IV. If it’s over 1 ft in diameter, you’ll want a steel wedge as well. You should be able to figure it out from there. Just make sure you have a stump or wide log section to put it on. Don’t want to ruin your maul hitting a cinder block or something.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:05 pm

I'm just going to dump it in my friend's yard for his Christmas present now that I think of it. I have to be out of this place like tmrw basically. Not going to have time to chop it up for him. I think he said he bought a chainsaw recently.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:11 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:05 pm
I'm just going to dump it in my friend's yard for his Christmas present now that I think of it. I have to be out of this place like tmrw basically. Not going to have time to chop it up for him. I think he said he bought a chainsaw recently.
Good idea. Since it's Christmas and all, maybe to get him the festive spirit you can arrange them into the shape of a cross using some spare rope. Then, really, do him a solid and just start the fire right there in the yard so they can all come out and enjoy the warmth.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:13 pm

It's the thought that counts

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:19 pm

Be sure to wear some flame-retardant white sheets over your body, lest some stray sparks get into your clothing.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:44 pm

You are one clever cat.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:09 am

Satellite image shows the collapse of Anak Krakatoa.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:37 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:42 pm

I worked as a sawyer and logger for about a year. My crusty old boss would say, the best chainsaw is the one you can get parts for. I have run mostly Stihls through my life, but now own a Huskie(Husqvarna). Both are good saws.

First thing about chainsaw use is, one of the most dangerous tools out there, take it from the guy who's had one gently gnawing on his leg. Second do your best to keep the cutting chain out of the dirt. Learning sharpen the chain takes time and a lot of focus. So stick a board or stick under the log to give you a little room.

Unless you have a lot of use for a chainsaw, I'd recommend getting a good sawsall, put on a long aggressive blade and go for it.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience