Stupid, Unimportant Question for Lawyers

Xenophon

Stupid, Unimportant Question for Lawyers

Post by Xenophon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:59 am

My apprentice is doing a high school economics project about making a business. He and his partner have created a Ponzi scheme/multi-level marketing business plan, and need a price on how much a lawyer would charge for defending a couple of charlatans who are obviously guilty of defrauding the public?

Fife

Re: Stupid, Unimportant Question for Lawyers

Post by Fife » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:48 am

How much you got?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:00 am

I am no lawyer, so take this with a grain of salt, but it seems to me they are operating from a flawed basis in even asking that question.

Incorporate in Aruba. Keep your finances in banks outside US jurisdiction or treaties that allow the federal government to seize property. Use she'll corporations and bogus contracts between them to shuffle the money around. Diversify. Diversify. Diversify.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:01 am

Fife wrote:How much you got?
:lol:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I am no lawyer, so take this with a grain of salt, but it seems to me they are operating from a flawed basis in even asking that question.

Incorporate in Aruba. Keep your finances in banks outside US jurisdiction or treaties that allow the federal government to seize property. Use she'll corporations and bogus contracts between them to shuffle the money around. Diversify. Diversify. Diversify.
They planned on incorporating in Uzbekistan (no child labor laws) and have a back up plan of fleeing to Nepal (non-extradition country). I'll mention what you said. Thanks!