Going to Florida

TheReal_ND

Re: Going to Florida

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:30 pm

Our resident Ohioan gives good advice on what to do in Tampa. What has the world come to?

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:30 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Go to small towns and try to experience some of what Florida was before all the yankees moved down there and defiled it.
With air conditioning. ;)

Universal Studios is a blast, more fun than Disney IMO. I can't remember how old your kids are, but there used to be a waterworks area, which was the kids' favorite place. I think they still have the Popeye-themed ship, which had water cannons you could shoot at people walking below. Husband and I would casually walk back and forth by the cannon area waiting for the kids to get an opportunity to soak us - the highlight of their trip.
:royalty-queen:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:37 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Our resident Ohioan gives good advice on what to do in Tampa. What has the world come to?
Meh, I'm still more Floridian than Ohioan. I don't know what the hells around here outside of Cleveland.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:45 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Penner wrote: I would recommend just going to one of the parks (you have Universal Orland and also Disney Word down there, I would take them to just one) because it would be much closer than going to the Everglades. Also, if you have a chance I would try to find something close to Cape Canaveral/The Kennedy Space Center (if you are willing to drive to the East coast of Florida since Tampa is really nowhere near either the Everglades and the Space Center, but if you are willing to make the drive and have the time for it then I would go for it).
This is where we're staying... and we'll launch road trips from there.
I'm pretty much two hours from the Everglades and probably more than two hours to most of the theme parks. Cape Canaveral is even farther.
Ah well... Might check out the Dali museum. Lots of cool stuff pretty close.
If I'm going to travel two hours... Everglades is highest on the list... Might hit Legoland on the way out... as we're flying out of Tampa.

I have been saying that it's on the west side of Florida since the first time I posted here.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Nobody reads your posts Penner.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:17 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Nobody reads your posts Penner.
You used to be such a gentleman with Penner.
Having a bad day today Nuke?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:39 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Nobody reads your posts Penner.
You used to be such a gentleman with Penner.
Having a bad day today Nuke?
I blame Trump.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:41 pm

Which means it's Putin's fault..

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:50 pm

^^this

Yes bad day though. One of the things that kept me going and interested in politics since my wife left me has fallen apart at record speed.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:57 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:^^this

Yes bad day though. One of the things that kept me going and interested in politics since my wife left me has fallen apart at record speed.
This forum?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.