Going to Florida

TheReal_ND

Re: Going to Florida

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:18 pm

skip Disneyland
Oh god yes. Why give up your money to be jammed up by foreigners looking at and buying plastics?

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:34 pm

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:37 pm

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:03 pm

de officiis wrote:Aren't there some swamps down there that are worth seeing?
Do armadillos still run around?
Are you doing Disney?
The boy is an avid birder so we will be checking out national parks and the Everglades for sure. Probably rent some kayaks and tool around. Luckily neither of the squirts has any real interest in Disney... but the girl is hoping to check out Legoland. She really got into the Lego Movie... which I agree was pretty awesome. So we might do this.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:27 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Are you doing Disney?
The boy is an avid birder so we will be checking out national parks and the Everglades for sure. Probably rent some kayaks and tool around. Luckily neither of the squirts has any real interest in Disney... but the girl is hoping to check out Legoland. She really got into the Lego Movie... which I agree was pretty awesome. So we might do this.
The Everglades are down south, towards Miami and closer to the tip of Florida.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:32 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Are you doing Disney?

I would recommend just going to one of the parks (you have Universal Orland and also Disney Word down there, I would take them to just one) because it would be much closer than going to the Everglades. Also, if you have a chance I would try to find something close to Cape Canaveral/The Kennedy Space Center (if you are willing to drive to the East coast of Florida since Tampa is really nowhere near either the Everglades and the Space Center, but if you are willing to make the drive and have the time for it then I would go for it).

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:25 pm

Penner wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
Are you doing Disney?
Oh hell yes. I love that place.

I would recommend just going to one of the parks (you have Universal Orland and also Disney Word down there, I would take them to just one) because it would be much closer than going to the Everglades. Also, if you have a chance I would try to find something close to Cape Canaveral/The Kennedy Space Center (if you are willing to drive to the East coast of Florida since Tampa is really nowhere near either the Everglades and the Space Center, but if you are willing to make the drive and have the time for it then I would go for it).

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:10 pm

Penner wrote: I would recommend just going to one of the parks (you have Universal Orland and also Disney Word down there, I would take them to just one) because it would be much closer than going to the Everglades. Also, if you have a chance I would try to find something close to Cape Canaveral/The Kennedy Space Center (if you are willing to drive to the East coast of Florida since Tampa is really nowhere near either the Everglades and the Space Center, but if you are willing to make the drive and have the time for it then I would go for it).
This is where we're staying... and we'll launch road trips from there.
I'm pretty much two hours from the Everglades and probably more than two hours to most of the theme parks. Cape Canaveral is even farther.
Ah well... Might check out the Dali museum. Lots of cool stuff pretty close.
If I'm going to travel two hours... Everglades is highest on the list... Might hit Legoland on the way out... as we're flying out of Tampa.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:47 pm

If you can get some alone time with mommy, it's worth your time to hit Ybor city in Tampa. Tons of very cool little bars, a lot like key west.

In that area though, your best bet will be a short drive south to sanibel island. It's absolutely breathtaking. There's a huge nature preserve there with tours too.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:08 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:If you can get some alone time with mommy, it's worth your time to hit Ybor city in Tampa. Tons of very cool little bars, a lot like key west.

In that area though, your best bet will be a short drive south to sanibel island. It's absolutely breathtaking. There's a huge nature preserve there with tours too.
Thanks GCF...
Will do!