What should a right winger who does not trust repubs amending the Constitution do?

Ex-California

Re: What should a right winger who does not trust repubs amending the Constitution do?

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:17 am

Okeefenokee wrote:We could end popular election of senators. That needs to happen.
No
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Re: What should a right winger who does not trust repubs amending the Constitution do?

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:19 am

Banning political parties and making all elected offices one-term would be dream scenarios

Unfortunately the Republicans now in charge like being in office just as much as the Democrats
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:22 am

California wrote:Banning political parties and making all elected offices one-term would be dream scenarios

Unfortunately the Republicans now in charge like being in office just as much as the Democrats
Term limits, yes.

Banning free association, totalitarian.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:09 pm

Since a constitutional amendment requires a super majority of 2/3 of the votes in Congress, and 3/4 of the States, I would not worry too much. Of course, Mr. Trump is now President Elect, so just maybe I am being foolish.

Perhaps the most effective way is to find out those politicians who are Conservative in fact, not just labeled that because they are Republicans in name. We do not have actual Liberal or Conservative parties, we just label that. After finding whoever might be a conservative, I would support them in anyway I could. Also find any groups in your community that are doing anti-corruption work, and join them. All this also applies to those who are left wingers.

My suggestions are not much I know. They are also long term actions. Both parties are almost completely corrupt at the national level, and work for elites who have the money, and everything, and everyone, else can be damned. The political system is now rigged to disempower those without money, and give that power to those who have money. Those with positions in the system usually want it that way, not because they are evil, certainly not personally, but because It works for them. They have fooled themselves.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:13 pm

jbird4049 wrote:Since a constitutional amendment requires a super majority of 2/3 of the votes in Congress, and 3/4 of the States, I would not worry too much. Of course, Mr. Trump is now President Elect, so just maybe I am being foolish.

Perhaps the most effective way is to find out those politicians who are Conservative in fact, not just labeled that because they are Republicans in name. We do not have actual Liberal or Conservative parties, we just label that. After finding whoever might be a conservative, I would support them in anyway I could. Also find any groups in your community that are doing anti-corruption work, and join them. All this also applies to those who are left wingers.

My suggestions are not much I know. They are also long term actions. Both parties are almost completely corrupt at the national level, and work for elites who have the money, and everything, and everyone, else can be damned. The political system is now rigged to disempower those without money, and give that power to those who have money. Those with positions in the system usually want it that way, not because they are evil, certainly not personally, but because It works for them. They have fooled themselves.

LOL. You have not paid much attention to election outcomes in the past eight years, have you. :lol:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/11/1 ... -governors

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12 ... obama.html

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:26 pm

Cruz introduced the bill or something like that. He was backing it somehow last week. He's as conservative as you like.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:38 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:Since a constitutional amendment requires a super majority of 2/3 of the votes in Congress, and 3/4 of the States, I would not worry too much. Of course, Mr. Trump is now President Elect, so just maybe I am being foolish.

LOL. You have not paid much attention to election outcomes in the past eight years, have you. :lol:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/11/1 ... -governors

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12 ... obama.html
Yes, this is true. Gerrymandering, big money, massive corruptions. Better organization, effective tactics, and strategy, by the Republicans. Terrible organization, stupid tactics, and strategy, by the Democrats. All of this has led to Republican dominance for now.

How do the links affect my post in anyway?
Last edited by jbird4049 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:40 pm

You people are incapable of getting it. :lol:

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:You people are incapable of getting it. :lol:
Okay.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:28 pm

KerningChameleon wrote:Good lord, we're talking about a literal Right Wing wet dream scenario, and you're talking about penny-anny shit like balanced budget amendment or a "fuck the gays and abortions" amendments, or even just a "anti-anchor baby" amendment. Come on, dream big, you cowards! This is your golden opportunity to forever carve the American political landscape into one that secures the right wing agenda and annihilates liberals and lefties alike. Here's a freebie for ya to get started:

Do what Grandaddy George Washington suggested and make political parties illegal in the United States. Bam. You've killed the Democrats and any other Lefty groups who insist on writing up manifestos, and the Right Wing can just adjust easy to the new reality.
How does that not violate the 1st amendment? About as far as you could go is say that on any ballot political parties can't be designated, just office and then candidates name.
Last edited by clubgop on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.