Fishing.

Montegriffo

Re: Fishing.

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:44 pm

Such a bitchy queen...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:37 am

Here's an actually interesting story from the Smithsonian. I admit that I was hooked by the opening line.

The Lionfish Have Invaded, But a Ragtag Army of Divers and Chefs Are Fighting Back
Those waging the war against this devastating wave of the venomous species have taken on an ‘eat ‘em to beat ‘em’ approach

We were somewhere around Pensacola Pass, on the edge of the Gulf of Mexico, when the over-the-counter drugs failed to take hold.
Have any of you all tried Lionfish yet?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:22 am

We have the same approach to American Signal crayfish here. They were introduced to supplement Scandinavian fisheries which had been affected by crayfish plague. Only they turned out to be carriers of it and are now killing off indigenous species all over Europe.
Only Ireland is free of alien crayfish now.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:26 am

If only you knocked over a few more dominoes..

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:27 am

Fife wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:37 am
Here's an actually interesting story from the Smithsonian. I admit that I was hooked by the opening line.

The Lionfish Have Invaded, But a Ragtag Army of Divers and Chefs Are Fighting Back
Those waging the war against this devastating wave of the venomous species have taken on an ‘eat ‘em to beat ‘em’ approach

We were somewhere around Pensacola Pass, on the edge of the Gulf of Mexico, when the over-the-counter drugs failed to take hold.
Have any of you all tried Lionfish yet?

Fucking nasty