The New Money Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: The New Money Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:17 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Very often, when we're sitting together, I'll look up and around our house, and then at her, and say something to the effect of, "can you believe this?"

I am happy for you. Caribbean women are awesome.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:25 am

Okeefenokee wrote:We've been getting these posts lately about how bad things are. People talking about America being this graveyard of dreams. That's not been my experience.

I grew up with what most here would consider the American version of poverty, and even though it took me a long time to gain the cognizance to recognize it, once I went to Iraq, that idea was over. We didn't have a car, or a phone, and there were times my dad heated water on a wood stove so we could have warm baths, but being able to contrast that against what I saw in Iraq left no doubt that I had it alright.

I've said it before, my wife grew up on mud floors with no running water. When the white people would come through with "medicine," everyone would line up, with no idea about what they were being injected with.

Very often, when we're sitting together, I'll look up and around our house, and then at her, and say something to the effect of, "can you believe this?"

I think there exist legitimate conflict over the rise of globalism and corporatism. I don't recommend any man get involved in the corporate culture we have today. The banks have been enslaving people left and right, and by flooding certain markets with credit, they ensure that most people get pulled in one way or another.

My advice, however, is that instead of acting like a child, we all make rational decisions to separate ourselves from the corporate/globalist world. Both the left and the right are starting to do this. You see it with alternative media. You see it with the rising numbers of local farms. You see it with the rise of small trades and selling of custom items online.

I think we somehow need to integrate the alternative economies of these separate subcultures. I don't know how to do that, but those economies are there. I see both sides in my life all the time. The prepping community, for example, is packed with people making their own products and services to sell. Where I live, the hippies have built a pretty big alternative economy around food and crafts. The problem is that the politics of these groups differ so much, they hardly ever will interact. At least in terms of committing to fostering a more unified alternative economy, we all should start discussing these things.

Additionally, I think we need to seriously consider creating alternative communities for people living on the edge of homelessness. I have seen cob homes that look pretty nice, are cheaply constructed, and when built in a small village, could sustain quite a lot of people who have nowhere else to go. I realize that many people on the right would hate the idea of living in a commune, but a small cob village where the people work together to grow much of their own food and help one another build homes is not a bad deal for a lot of people who are struggling.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:29 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

I am happy for you. Caribbean women are awesome.
She calls me a filthy Spaniard, and a cave man, and a lot of it had to do with the spitting and dipping that I recently gave up, but part of it is because every so often I'll get a good intestinal culture where my farts smell like salisbury steak, to me at least. We'll spend the evening where every couple of minutes I go, "mmmmmmmmm," and she throws something at me.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

LVH2

Post by LVH2 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:48 am

Martin Hash wrote:I love "The New Money Thread."

p.s. I always read the DCF one.
Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks I'm clever.

Here's another easy one from wells fargo. This one pays 250 and you have to use the atm card 10 times.

So that's 450 a head for you mofos. If you got a buncha teenage kids like Kath, you might be able to retire.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/checkin ... y-special/

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:31 pm

If you use SiriusXM in your car, just call them up and say you want to cancel every once in a while. I turned down their first 2 offers, and got "the best price" - better package for half what I was paying before.

Corporations are such a fucking joke.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:02 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:If you use SiriusXM in your car, just call them up and say you want to cancel every once in a while. I turned down their first 2 offers, and got "the best price" - better package for half what I was paying before.

I can confirm this.

I ended up shitcanning my SiriusXM subscription a few weeks ago, at least until I get the remainder of my debt (non-mortgage) erased. While trying to cancel, I had about 3 offers thrown my way, each getting progressively cheaper until he threw out the half price offer. Tempting, but had to pass.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Kazmyr wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:If you use SiriusXM in your car, just call them up and say you want to cancel every once in a while. I turned down their first 2 offers, and got "the best price" - better package for half what I was paying before.

I can confirm this.

I ended up shitcanning my SiriusXM subscription a few weeks ago, at least until I get the remainder of my debt (non-mortgage) erased. While trying to cancel, I had about 3 offers thrown my way, each getting progressively cheaper until he threw out the half price offer. Tempting, but had to pass.
Does your subscription include Stern or just music?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:15 pm

Penner wrote:
Kazmyr wrote:

I can confirm this.

No idea.. I've never been interested in Stern. I mostly just listen to the Spectrum (variety) or Prime Country (80s & 90s)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:17 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Penner wrote:
Kazmyr wrote:
I can confirm this.

No idea.. I've never been interested in Stern. I mostly just listen to the Spectrum (variety) or Prime Country (80s & 90s)
My in-law listens to him like every day and so does my younger brother. I personally really don't listen to him and I usually just stick to the 80s-2000s music.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:40 am

Penner wrote:
Mine had Stern, Sports, all the news channels, plus music - didn't really need all those cause I switched between maybe 6 stations? (Stern was not one of them)

Generally loved having satellite radio, regular radio sucks copious amounts of turds by comparison. Although, when Liquid Metal did the 'Mandatory Metallica' for 2 weeks straight, I got sick of that shit pretty quick.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.