Peter has pinkeye, and a bit of thought.

The Conservative

Peter has pinkeye, and a bit of thought.

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:35 am

Thankfully my work allows me to take my son to the Dr. I have set up a system so I can work from home, helps being the IT Director ;)

Peter has pinkeye, and I can't tell you how proud of him I am. He isn't whining, complaining, or anything. He is happy, smiling and taking it like a champ.

There is something about him that just makes me be a proud Papa. I am so lucky he is the way he is, I just can't wait till he gets old enough where we can go out fishing.

It is something I want to do so badly... have him be my fishing buddy. Just like my Papa (grandfather) was to me.

I just hope I don't disappoint him.
#NotOneRedCent

Ex-California

Re: Peter has pinkeye, and a bit of thought.

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:03 am

Have confidence and know you're the best dad you can be while providing for him and you'll never disappoint
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:25 am

I feel the same about my son. He's 2 1/2, and I couldn't be more proud of him. The fear of failing him is always present, but a quick inventory of how I provide for him usually tamps it down. Just make sure to get some play time in every day, and tell him you love him. That's the best that any of us can do.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:05 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I feel the same about my son. He's 2 1/2, and I couldn't be more proud of him. The fear of failing him is always present, but a quick inventory of how I provide for him usually tamps it down. Just make sure to get some play time in every day, and tell him you love him. That's the best that any of us can do.
The thing is that I don't want to hold him back...I have disabilities, and I am trying my best not to let them shine through to make him realize his old man has some faults... every person has faults, I have more than my fair share, and I know it. None are my fault directly, I was given these by a doctor that injured me as a newborn...

Peter is literally the baby I could have been... I see so much potential... he is already showing cognitive skills well beyond his age, you can see him thinking on how to solve things and do things. He gets frustrated when he can't because of his own age and hand eye coordination isn't up to par of what he wants to do...

He to me is a miracle baby... born a month and a day early, smart as a whip, strong as an ox, and has a great personality... he is literally everything I should have been if the doctor didn't screw me up so young...

I just hope he goes as far as he is able, without me holding him back... its a fear of mine...and a logical one I think as well. There is going to be a time where I won't know the answer... and in some cases I am afraid that is going to be sooner than later, and for me that is an uncomfortable feeling...

I always have a plan, I always know what to do... when most people stop with plan C, I plan till ZZ because I realize that real life throws things at you that most people can't expect... but I try to because, I want to make sure Peter and my wife have a life that I was never given...

That is my reason to wake up in the morning, go to work and not give up... so he can see that with enough perseverance you can succeed... I just want him to do so much earlier in life... so he doesn't have to live the life I have...
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:36 am

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I feel the same about my son. He's 2 1/2, and I couldn't be more proud of him. The fear of failing him is always present, but a quick inventory of how I provide for him usually tamps it down. Just make sure to get some play time in every day, and tell him you love him. That's the best that any of us can do.
The thing is that I don't want to hold him back...I have disabilities, and I am trying my best not to let them shine through to make him realize his old man has some faults... every person has faults, I have more than my fair share, and I know it. None are my fault directly, I was given these by a doctor that injured me as a newborn...

Peter is literally the baby I could have been... I see so much potential... he is already showing cognitive skills well beyond his age, you can see him thinking on how to solve things and do things. He gets frustrated when he can't because of his own age and hand eye coordination isn't up to par of what he wants to do...

He to me is a miracle baby... born a month and a day early, smart as a whip, strong as an ox, and has a great personality... he is literally everything I should have been if the doctor didn't screw me up so young...

I just hope he goes as far as he is able, without me holding him back... its a fear of mine...and a logical one I think as well. There is going to be a time where I won't know the answer... and in some cases I am afraid that is going to be sooner than later, and for me that is an uncomfortable feeling...

I always have a plan, I always know what to do... when most people stop with plan C, I plan till ZZ because I realize that real life throws things at you that most people can't expect... but I try to because, I want to make sure Peter and my wife have a life that I was never given...

That is my reason to wake up in the morning, go to work and not give up... so he can see that with enough perseverance you can succeed... I just want him to do so much earlier in life... so he doesn't have to live the life I have...
What you're feeling is completely normal - disability or not. Every father (who is a real father) thinks the same thoughts. Nobody can expect more than your best, and it sounds like you're doing that.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:38 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

What you're feeling is completely normal - disability or not. Every father (who is a real father) thinks the same thoughts. Nobody can expect more than your best, and it sounds like you're doing that.
I just hope it's enough...
#NotOneRedCent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:58 pm

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

I just hope it's enough...
It is. Believe me. You're there for your family, and you're more to your family than a source of funds. What you do puts you head and shoulders above a lot of people. GCF is 100% on point.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:21 pm

Well.... shit.

It seems that I am about to have 2 more in the family. Pressure has increased dramatically. I'm excited, but damn, grown up life is scary.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:00 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Well.... shit.

It seems that I am about to have 2 more in the family. Pressure has increased dramatically. I'm excited, but damn, grown up life is scary.

I'm happy for you, Grumps! Congrats!

And don't worry about the future. You'll figure it out. ;)

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:32 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Well.... shit.

Hey, grats... trust me, I know where you are... was there when we found out my wife was a few weeks pregnant... if you remember, no job to speak of, and looking for work? At least you are in a better position, hell we both are...

Take it a day at a time and you'll be fine.
#NotOneRedCent