bye, felicia

Speaker to Animals

Re: bye, felicia

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:00 am

Kath wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: There are plenty of older children with a lot of baggage that nobody wants to adopt.
I agree it's not that simple, but this is a problem for me. We have so many children who need love, guidance, support, etc. It breaks my heart.

That said, I do wish more women would opt for adoption. Abortion is a horrible choice, but it is the mother's choice.

It does stink. It's been like this for a long time. I doubt you will have any trouble at all adopting out a healthy newborn. There are so many more couples who want a healthy newborn than actual newborns placed for adoption in America, that people are spending upwards of fifty grand adopting foreign babies.

Nor is everybody prepared to adopt a kid with a huge amount of emotional and psychological damage.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:01 am

Kath wrote:
Fife wrote:Good riddance. It can't come fast enough.

The one act that defined President Barack Obama

Despite your personal feelings on his coolness, his character, his charisma, or his competence, Barack Obama will forever be the president who worked diligently to put the gun of government to the heads of the Little Sisters of the Poor, demanding that they either pay to destroy children in the womb or be crushed.
IIRC - they were asked to sign a piece of paper indicating they would not do that. That was the big controversy. I'm not getting into it again; just clarifying what the whole gun-to-the-head was over.

Everything the government does to/for/with you involves a gun pointed at your head, Kath. Not figuratively, literally. Every. Single. Thing.

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:07 am

Fife wrote:Everything the government does to/for/with you involves a gun pointed at your head, Kath. Not figuratively, literally. Every. Single. Thing.
Agree completely. At the risk of repeating myself for the billionth time - the rule is/was dumb, shouldn't have been a thing, BC should not be required (it's already pretty cheap,) etc.

But, law is law and since this was the law, at the time, simply signing a piece of paper made the whole problem go away. Just sign the damn paper. A signature is not equal to personally performing an abortion at gunpoint.
Account abandoned.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:29 am

Kath wrote:Just sign the damn paper. A signature is not equal to personally performing an abortion at gunpoint.
Not everyone is so dismissive of what signing the damn paper means. Just say the damn pledge. Just sing the damn anthem. Just use the damn pronoun. Just give the damn salute. Ad infinitum.

From the link:
After 22 years of torture in a Cuban prison for his refusal to sign a government document supporting Fidel Castro, Armando Valladares was honored by Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel. In his speech, he said of the Little Sisters of the Poor, “They know what my body knows after 22 years of cruel torture: that if they sign the form…they will be violating their conscience and would commit spiritual suicide. If they did this they would forfeit the true and only wealth they have in abandoning the castle of their conscience.

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:34 am

Well, I guess martyrdom is something God likes, so, should we cheer the government for helping them achieve that? /sarcasm

Anyway, didn't the government concede and just leave them alone? I don't recall.
Account abandoned.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:37 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Looks like Jesus won.
Yeah, right... and remind me again how the left has done their fair share of genocide of generations by legal means?

Oh, also... side note. Democrats were the ones that refused to give support to low income minorities originally because they were black... but hell, lets ignore that. Your meme rings true if we take all logic and thought off the table. :dance:
#NotOneRedCent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:50 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:53 pm

President Barack Obama will step down after eight years as commander in chief with one of the most influential tenures leading the U.S. military, but not necessarily the political support of service members.

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/o ... y-military
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Image
What, should I send you a picture of my toilet paper also, now?

I just get the best weekly deal down at the Dollar General.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:57 pm

I can't find the cover image on google. Just like the Trump Time cover.

Edit: Oh, I get it now. I know. My wife had to have it. I told her it was a tabloid, but she said she doesn't care. She doesn't like him much, not like she hates Hillary, but still.