bye, felicia

Fife

Re: bye, felicia

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:55 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Fife wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:Because we long ago decided that it's unethical to buy and sell human beings.

? Those kids are property? OK, who do kids belong to?
If you practice adoption law then you know the answer to this better than I do. Until the birthparents sign their rights away and the state's designated time period has passed, the child presumptively 'belongs' to the birthparents. If rights have already been severed then the state determines where the child goes.
Yes, I've been involved in a few hundred adoption cases. So your answer is "the state?"

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:56 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Fife wrote:Not a zero sum game, mdj.
Everything is to them. It's almost as if they don't understand how markets work.
It's a shande for us all that it's a marketplace.
Dont speak yiddish to me. Although shande is the right word for it. Since the principles dont matter only the appearances. Congrats for ruining yiddish for me, we now have an equivalency for virtue signaling.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Fife wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Fife wrote:

? Those kids are property? OK, who do kids belong to?
If you practice adoption law then you know the answer to this better than I do. Until the birthparents sign their rights away and the state's designated time period has passed, the child presumptively 'belongs' to the birthparents. If rights have already been severed then the state determines where the child goes.
Yes, I've been involved in a few hundred adoption cases. So your answer is "the state?"
I assume you can read what I wrote. It depends on whether the birthparents' rights have been severed.

BTW, I'm pretty much the last person who would accuse you of babyselling. I've spent many years explaining that people pay for a lawyer's services, not for a baby.
:royalty-queen:

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:12 pm

clubgop wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Everything is to them. It's almost as if they don't understand how markets work.
It's a shande for us all that it's a marketplace.
Dont speak yiddish to me. Although shande is the right word for it. Since the principles dont matter only the appearances. Congrats for ruining yiddish for me, we now have an equivalency for virtue signaling.
:lol:
My great-grandmother spoke Yiddish.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:40 pm

I bet she was a real shiksa. Wait that word is for goys. My bad.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:48 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I bet she was a real shiksa. Wait that word is for goys. My bad.
I would be the shiksa. NY, NY, it's a hell of a town....the people come from everywhere.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:51 pm

So, no attempt to from BHO to protect Hillary or Bergdahl. I find that interesting. Hillary is out in the cold. Chaffetz says that investigation is not over.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:53 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:I bet she was a real shiksa. Wait that word is for goys. My bad.
I would be the shiksa. NY, NY, it's a hell of a town....the people come from everywhere.
You're a dude....

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:02 pm

If we're doing build-a-bear I'm picking rich too. We have lots of young men here but not enough wealthy people.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:04 pm

MilSpecs wrote:If we're doing build-a-bear I'm picking rich too. We have lots of young men here but not enough wealthy people.