A thought exercise on value of money.

The Conservative

Re: A thought exercise on value of money.

Post by The Conservative » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:12 pm

Montegriffo wrote:I thought we were talking about the value of money?
We are, the value of a dollar is the same outside of the country, but not inside. The reasons for it not being the same are simple, as Kath has stated, its supply and demand. The supply raises or lowers the actual value of a product. Yet in cases such as regional, that also comes into question of place of request.

Yet there are issues, such as medical procedures, and actual products themselves that cost the same no matter where you go, but are increased due to regional pressures... which I don't understand... especially since we are told things "need to be made affordable" in sectors like healthcare...
#NotOneRedCent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:37 pm

If you exchange your dollars for euros in Germany, you get one rate no matter where in the country you exchange them, assuming it's all on the same day, but if you then go to spend those euros, where you are in Germany will affect how far your euros will go. Exchange a couple hundred bucks for krone in Prague and walk around like this guy,

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:32 pm

I think TC just accidentally trolled himself into realizing that the value of money is subjective. :twisted:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:35 am

The Conservative wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:I thought we were talking about the value of money?
We are, the value of a dollar is the same outside of the country, but not inside. The reasons for it not being the same are simple, as Kath has stated, its supply and demand. The supply raises or lowers the actual value of a product. Yet in cases such as regional, that also comes into question of place of request.

Yet there are issues, such as medical procedures, and actual products themselves that cost the same no matter where you go, but are increased due to regional pressures... which I don't understand... especially since we are told things "need to be made affordable" in sectors like healthcare...
Healthcare is overpriced everywhere you go.

Nice try
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session